You can type here any text you want

Can't Hook Worth A.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo_dreams_85

itsaV6howcanyoulose?
So i've been picking UR50SLO's brain about rear suspension and was wondering if anyone had any advice to help me get my car launching straight.
No matter what i am always spinning out of the hole at every track, I am running toyo DR (255/50/r16) lowered the tire pressure to 18psi and trying to launch it off the foot break.
Yes i have a bigger turbo. TT Chip. Alky Inj. Etc.. With A 3200 Stall as well Still can't leave the line with any boost at all. :mad::(
No matter what track or anything i am spinning and i am going to start doing more of a build to it this winter just got to get monies around.
Any Advice would be helpful!
Cheeers!
Ren

Well , to start we need more info about your suspension. What's done to it. Front and rear info for a more accurate idea of what can be done to improve traction.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have stock up front and a beefy sway bar in the rear PS airbag is in DS airbag is out other than that I believe its all stock. The guy I has bought this car off of awhile back never said anything about the setup at all :/

Take a picture of the rear suspension when u get a chance and post it. 1st question for you would be what are your intentions with the car? Mostly street some strip, more strip than street? Auto-x ? What is your main goal? How much money do you have to spend on suspension? If you're having traction trouble now and are planning to put more power to the car, I would be looking to upgrade ASAP.
But like I said depending on your main purpose for the car and $$, there are a few different options for you.

I'll post up a picture asap. And I have the mods done to it (still want more tho) I am going a strip/street combo. I have some time and money for it also. I'll keep you all posted on everything and picture to come soon!

Ok cool. In the mean time, u could play with the air pressure in the bag , disconnect or remove the front swaybar at the track maybe try a little longer burnout to make sure the tires are hot just some quick thoughts.

Please do some reading over at baseline suspension. Kevin has a good site that will help you figure out how to get your car to hook. It will require you to take some measurements and scale the car so you know where the weight sits in the chassis and where it needs to sit to give you the best results.;)

Remove front sway bar. Take everything not bolted down in the car, put it in a duffel bag and throw it in the trunk. I'd recommend if you are going to track the car alot that you go find a junkyard that has g body's and pull the crappiest set of front shocks you can find. Bag the crap out of that left rear spring and hold on !

That's a budget set up by the way. :)

Thank you all for the input!!! I will be getting measurements within 24hrs and report back!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Back