You can type here any text you want

cant prime oil pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Did you assemble the engine? If so, ddi you rremeber to install the oil gallery plugs behind the cam gear? If not, then you will NEVER get the oil pump it fill those two holes.;) That is what it soounds like to me.
You can buy oil pump shims from TA Performance. They are neoprene gaskets in 1/2 thousands increments. Money and time well spent. You can also send me the timing cover and I will port the cover and set the pump up and have it packed with vasaline. It WILL prime almost instantly IF all the expansion plugs and bearings are installed correctly. PM me if you need more info.
TA also sells a timing cover that is ready to bolt on, too.

You can buy oil pump shims from TA Performance. They are neoprene gaskets in 1/2 thousands increments. Money and time well spent.

I have the TA seal kit & the instructions say to use WITH the stock seal, then add to get the desired thickness. Can they be used without the stock seal??
Just use them with nothing else? They look pretty flimsy without the backing of the stocker??? Thanks!

I use a THIN coat of Form-a-gasket (brown baby poo) on both sides of the shims. I also use this on a stock style gasket, too. It hardens pretty good and seals things up. Use it sparingly, though. You don't want that into the pump.

just rebuilt my motor and cannot get the pump to prime.tried vasoline,oil in filter,i dont have the cooler lines so i cant put oil in lines,took pan back off and checked screen its ok,took the screen off and blew air in the block and air came out in front with the filter off.even tried a diff. oil pump,anyone have any ideas?

is the engine on a stand or in the car-------if its on a stand i have had a few engines where the engine mount bolt holes were tapped through into the oil passage and without the mounts installed the oil pump just sucks air though the mount holes...........RC

well after 500 pounds of vasoline packed in every crevice i found oil press!! thanks for everyones help

Back