Car keeps popping ccci fuse

Thanks for the link John. I mentioned that back on April 3rd. While throwing a new module at it may fix it, checking thr tabs would have been a better first step.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I changing the ignition module same thing keeps happening. Question I checked my coil pack it has on 4 screws holding it in place instead of six. Could this cause anything screwy? Coil pack was bend up like ccci failure said, I changed it to the correct angle. This is last thing I'm going to check before new harness goes on.

Had a similar issue. MAF wire rubbing ac compressor clutch. :mad:

Are you by any chance using an aftetmarket tachometer in your car?

open up your coil pack module module a one of those plug inside I'll probably hit in metal or went through that paste

Have you tried adding and extra ground from the fire wall to the mounting bracket on the coil I have 3 extra grounds on my car.
I hate electrical ................

If the blown fuse is the CCCI fuse, you probably have a shorted coil in the coil pack. Once the coil heats up, it may be rearing its ugly head.

There are no other split feeds to that fuse. Factory shows a 7.5 amp fuse, but you can get away with a 10 amp fuse, as the latest round of Chinese fuses aren't all they're rated for.

Replace the coil pack.

How do you know the coil pack is good?

I tested the coil pack it's between 11k all coils but the insulating on a couple of them were not registering I changed the coil pack. Ignition module also. Gotta take it for a test drive today.

That checks the secondary side of the coils. A problem on that side usually causes a misfire under load/boost. It does not cause the fuse to blow. The 10 amp fuse feeds the primary side of the coils-that is where the problem is. To test that side you need to take the coil pack off the ignition module. It could still be a bad module but the wiring to the primary wiring needs to be checked as well.

YOU ARE TESTING THE WRONG SIDE OF THE COIL PACK.

update still doing same thing after coil/ ignition module. Gonna be the harness. Runs fine then gets warm pop ccci fuse i'm done.

Found my problem finally. Ignition wire under power master was getting wet from leaking powermaster. I loomed it up and tie wrap it outta the way. Now to see way powermaster is leaking. Wow it been a big relief finding this.

Attachments

• 20140612_165837.jpg
    20140612_165837.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 142