CCCI fuse keeps popping

Turbonasty, you’re right it was... and thanks for the diagram, salvage.

I want to take this to someone in my area who specializes in TurboBuicks, but I feel like it’s sort of an open ended electrical issue, that they’re not familiar with. Do you think it’s okay to take this to an electrical mechanic?

Turbonasty, you’re right it was... and thanks for the diagram, salvage.

I want to take this to someone in my area who specializes in TurboBuicks, but I feel like it’s sort of an open ended electrical issue, that they’re not familiar with. Do you think it’s okay to take this to an electrical mechanic?

I wouldn’t take it to an ‘electrical mechanic’.I would stick to one of our well-known turbo regal specific shops. Even If they can’t diagnose it right away, a turbo regal specific Mechanic will have known good parts on standby (modules, coil-packs, alternators, relays )that they can swap on and off the car until the problem is found. Even if they temporarily hijack these parts from other customers cars for diagnostic reasons.

You could warm ( don't get carried away) the module and coil with a heat gun to try to duplicate the suspected thermal triggering condition. Hair dryer would be a safer choice, don't make it warmer than you can stand to touch.