You can type here any text you want

Car starts then shuts off after 2-3 seconds ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Guys if it was anything to do with the alarm systems the car would not turn over. Being that it starts and shuts off sounds like either anti theft in chip or the maf sensor has lost it's signal.

Did you try unplugging the maf sensor and see if it runs? Unplug the translator from the original maf sensor plug.

Rick

Guys if it was anything to do with the alarm systems the car would not turn over. Being that it starts and shuts off sounds like either anti theft in chip or the maf sensor has lost it's signal.

Did you try unplugging the maf sensor and see if it runs? Unplug the translator from the original maf sensor plug.

Rick
Rick, I'll give it a try when I get home. Thanks

Do you see any malfunction codes on the scanmaster? My car did this yesterday and I got a code 42. It turned out to be a loose connection between the ECM and the chip. I pulled out the chip and bent some of the ends a little, re-seated the chip, and the car fired right up.

Do you see any malfunction codes on the scanmaster? My car did this yesterday and I got a code 42. It turned out to be a loose connection between the ECM and the chip. I pulled out the chip and bent some of the ends a little, re-seated the chip, and the car fired right up.
No mal codes on scanmaster

Is it losing fuel or spark or both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuel pressure is good after engine cuts out , it's like ignition kill right after start up

I also noticed that it does the same thing when it is remote started.

I rarely advise anyone to spend money early on but that alarm looks old, like 20 years old. I get cars at work with remote starts and aftermarket alarms. The first thing I do is have them removed. They flake out at inopportune moments. It sucks to replace old tech with new tech as you seem to be buying the same thing all over again but sadly that is how it goes sometimes. I have a perfectly good DirectScan that I paid alot of money for 15 years ago and now I have to upgrade to PowerLogger for the same amount of dough as I cannot get the DS to work right anymore. *Sigh* Best wishes.

I just tried starting with the key and remotely and same results ........................... But when I unplugged the MAF , it stayed running !!!!! I plugged it back in while it was running , and it stayed running . I shut it off and it restarted and ran fine . THANK YOU TurboBuRick and everyone else , this site is the best !! I never even took the car off the trailer , LOL. Thanks again , Sam

Sam, we must have the same shit luck. Yesterday morning I was heading over to my parents and the GN started acting up. First it cut out real quick and the engine light flashed. But then ran fine. I had the laptop plugged in so I started recording. I ran through the Scanmaster G for codes, but nothing. Then it did it again. Looked at powerlogger, it had disconnected. Still no codes. Then the Scanmaster started to reset over and over again. I did get a code for spark timing but then disappeared. A/F was not matching the Scanmaster, started showing alcohol content as a pid, which I don't have anything E85 on the car. SES was flickering, not a steady flash, fan and IAC on and off. Pulled the ecm eventually to check the chip, which was fine, and the powerlogger board was not completely pushed in, but wasn't sure if it got pulled out while I was removing the ecm. But, now it's working. The Scanmaster still was off showing boost way off. Almost shit when I saw the recording say peak boost was 35.6. But it was reading 11psi at idle. Let it sit for an hour and all is good now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scott , does that mean that you are coming to Empire this Friday . There will be at least 4 Turbo Buicks there .

Plan on it. Still checking out low fuel pressure issue. Don't know if my transducer is going, or if it is actually running low pressure. It fluctuates bad on the logs. I took the regulator apart last night and reset the base setting for the powerlogger to read 0. Now it only gains about 18 psi with 25 psi of boost. But the gauge reads 5 psi higher than the powerlogger. Going to put a mechanical gauge on today to verify.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back