You can type here any text you want

Carbon Fiber Body

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I know that a carbon door weighs in at less than 8#s.. the glass ones are 21#s each.. at least the ones we have. I would imagine that going to all carbon versus a full gutted body like we have would save you 100-125#s. Our body is STRIPPED.. every ounce of bracing is cut out.. its just a sheelmetal shell.. even the rocker panels and all that have been cut out.

It would be worthwhile for anyone wanting to build a crazy light Regal. If we can get 3 or 4 people that are willing to get one and split the cost of the mold, we'll probably go forward with it. I'd have to find a shell and get it in the shop and "modify" it.

Is the carbon body better than fiberglass.How much bracing and work is involved in mounting the carbon body to a stock frame vs. fiber body. Just a few questions. I am interested.

I'm out. The frame alone to hold a body like this is over $40,000. I want the lighter body/bolt to factory frame set-up.

I really want a carbon hood (latch or pin style) and perhaps a trunk deck...

The only way I'd want doors is if they were strong enough for all of the windows/gn hardware...

Back