Carlsbad drag strip?

I plan on stopping by but without my car. I have a trans. leak that is being resolved.
Jeff

I am hoping that you guys will be there Saturday and Sunday! I am going to be there on Sunday. I am going with my friend Kevin. He has an 89 Nissan 240SX. It has an SR20DET engine. Saturday is Dyno day for his car. 300 at the wheels is the target. He already has 215. Hopefully it will run some traction limited 12s. We will see. ERIC.:)

For all you "out of towners", as far as the weather is concerned. Forcasted to be low 80's / hi 70's, partly cloudy. My work is about 2 miles from the track and the weather has been like that all week, sun hasn't even crack thru till after 12-1pm. Should be real cold for all you Zonies. ;) See you guys there. I'll be in the white ugly car.

BGNRA will be there

Nick, I will be there Sat. at 10AM to cover the event and shot some pictures so I can write and article for TURBO BOOST Newsletter. Hope you guys have a good turn out, I will also bring some current club Newsletters and club Applications to join BGNRA. By the way, Our club CAR SHOW last week was a great suscess, looking forward to meeting all you "Turbo NUTS" at CARLSBAD

Thanks, Steve Hurst-President-BGNRA
Email: hurstbuick@aol.com
Club Web Site: http://www.bgnra.org
hurstbuick@aol.com
http://www.bgnra.org

Steve, was hoping someone would take a few pics as there should be a fair amount of turbo Buick owners and cars.

Previously posted by Nick Micale:
"Gary, grab Ben and come down to visit with us!"
I think that Ben is moving but I will check. If him and I or I do not make it down there, good luck, have a good time, say hello to everybody for me, and if nothing else Ben and I are planning, or seriously considering going to Las Vegas again this year.

I will be bringing the a digital cam with me.

I should be able to get plenty of pics.

I've never had such a good time and met such friendly people. I thought for sure I'd be the "black sheep" of the bunch but I appreciated the welcoming. Raymond, Nick, Jeff, Steve, and whoever else I've forgotten who was there, THANX for the the great time. BTW, I want a rematch Nick :D

-scott wile

carlsbad results

So how did things turn out? I was hoping to go but I had to work. In fact, I live in SD and work in Escondido and on my way to work I thought about saying FU to work and meeting up with you guys. Unfortunately sensibility overcame me:(
Ben

I was not able to make it either. Friend's 240sx lost brakes and it runs crappy now with the "tuned" ecu. Oh well. There is always the Las Vegas meet! ERIC.:)

It was a great day at Carlsbad, even for me who didn't even get one good run in.

Very low turnout overall meant a lot of passes. I was racer #46 and there weren't a lot after me. A good turnout of 'Racing Regals', and the Arizona Regals of Nick and Jack were awesome! Britt's SVT turned in some good times, too. Ray Bunch got a new personal best, I think.

I didn't stay too long. My ignition module went south so I ended my first run on 4 cylinders. :( New one is on its way, and I'll use all that high octane fuel I saved for another day soon.

Originally posted by Chevota
I've never had such a good time and met such friendly people. I thought for sure I'd be the "black sheep" of the bunch but I appreciated the welcoming. Raymond, Nick, Jeff, Steve, and whoever else I've forgotten who was there, THANX for the the great time. BTW, I want a rematch Nick :D -scott wile

Rematch sounds like fun Scott, I know you will be doing stuff, so I will be sure to have my alum block and heads with the TE-72,
instead of my stock set up!:)

It was great meeting everyone in person instead of by computer. I knew the weather would be better than ours this time of year and, as always, the people were fantastic. Cann't wait to get together again. Maybe somewhere at a better track..........:D

P.S.Tell your dad "hi" for me!

Happy to have met you all

Hello all,

I think what Scott wrote earlier was to the point, I also had one of the best times ever Saturday and sorry I couldn't make it Sunday as the wife had other plans:) So in saying this, it was great meeting Nick, Jack, Dick, Scott and his Dad, Frank, ken and everyone else. When are we doing it again:D

I also got a new best time, I ran a 12.68 @ 107 with a 1.828 60ft. Probably could have been better if my reaction time wasn't a .919:( oh well, I'll try harder next time. Thanks again for the awesome time and warmest regards.

Ray

actually....a little more tuning is all I can afford right now so not much will change unless it blows up:rolleyes: None of you Phoenix guys can say that you weren't warned well in advance of how bad the strip is at Carlsbad:D Either way I had fun and got 10 runs!!! I'm going to Irwindale this Thurs to try and better my 1/8 mi times and get down into the 6.90 range.

-scott wile

Carlsbad was great

I just wanted to say, that I had a great time meeting all you TURBO people and I have about 25 pictures I will post soon on this site so you all can see them. See ya all later. Thanks again for a great time hope to see you all in LV

Congrats Ray on the new best.....Quick question for you. Got any video you'd like to share from Carlsbad?? If so, I'd be more than happy to compensate you for it. Let me know 'cause pops keeps bugging me :D --let me know !! thanks again

-scott wile

Carlsbad

Yea, that was a blast. Nice weather, great people, all the back to back flogging that your car could handle, and I don't think any one experienced any thing broken. Unless of course you count the bath rooms:D . Scott, I'd say that you won the sleeper of the day award with your little pick up. I slill can't seam to get the vision out of my head of your stock looking and sounding toyota pulling away from that rear engine dragster all the way down the track. What a fun day. I'm going to do this again some time soon. May be in a month or so, when I get my new turbo. Happy spooling, Mike

THANX!!!! I didn't think anybody saw that!! First time I've ever beat a dragster:eek: God these little v6's kick ass:D I am a believer.

-scott wile