Carlsbad drag strip?

15 passes on and Outlaw Bracket race weekend won't happen. However a couple of months ago I was down at Carlsbad and only 70 cars show up. I had to be ready to run when I pulled up to the stagging lanes because it was wide open. It was great!
As a suggestion, there is a section of the pits on the lower level that is somewhat paved that we could claim for the Buicks. Instead of making a left and going up the hill to the pits, just go straight into this lower section. The trailers could be parked in the section that is not paved. If I can get down there early on sat., I will stake out this section.
Jeff

Carlsbad

Hey guys i'm back from Korea for a few weeks for vacation, i may be able to make it to SD ,if so i'll bring a friend and his tubo GMC truck.

Originally posted by BlackBandit
You guys still going to Carlsbad next weekend?

If that is directed at me, yes, Dick Kereny and I plan on it. Have had private e-mails from a few other SoCal T-R guys planning on being there also, even if their turbo car is not.

Looking forward to a couple "cool" days!:cool:

Yes, Still goin

Black Bandit - Hey man! what's going on? Good meeting you at Qualcom Friday before last. Not to much going on here, just waiting to hit Carlsbad this coming week. Oh also, I just received my airbags, pinion snubber, IC hoses and RJC power plate. I have already installed everything and hopefully I can get my 60ft down to 1.7's as this is my main goal now. Also my hot wire kit and fuel pump and O2 sensor should be here sometime this week too. Hopefully I can get it all installed before Saturday, you know how work is being in the service and all, otherwise have a good one and talk to you later.

Nick - Glad to hear your still coming to Carlsbad, I was at the track today and it was packed! Allot of heavy American muscle down there, next week should be allot of fun forsure, see you there. :)

Ray

Carlsbad

What time does the track open? Do they have a web site? Does anyone want to meet up before hand so we can all try to pull in and park together? Sounds like fun. I've been looking for an excuse to run the Vaddermobile for a while now.

Track web site shows gates open at 10:00 AM this Saturday.

We plan to be there before then if we do not get lost!

Just called Carlsbad Raceway info line (760/727-1171). They will be running 'vintage motocross' at the same time as the grudge drags. The gates open at 10:00 for the moto. For the drags, the gates open at 11:00. Drags begin at noon and end when the light dies out. BTW, they will be running a separate pot with a $10 buy in; split 80/20 between 1st and 2nd. This is optional, and with my street car I will definitely pass, but some of you with hot rods may want to consider it.

I stopped by Smokeys in Oceanside today to pick up 5 gals of Trick 110 octane. The clerk notice my T and said "You know a whole bunch of Grand Nationals will be gathering at Carlsbad this weekend." I guess the word gets around...

:cool:

Guys,

Can you give me the web site for Carlsbad raceway??? Plan on coming down with a few friends!!!!

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by Ken Cunningham
Just called Carlsbad Raceway info line (760/727-1171). They will be running 'vintage motocross' at the same time as the grudge drags. The gates open at 10:00 for the moto. For the drags, the gates open at 11:00. Drags begin at noon and end when the light dies out. BTW, they will be running a separate pot with a $10 buy in; split 80/20 between 1st and 2nd. This is optional, and with my street car I will definitely pass, but some of you with hot rods may want to consider it.

I stopped by Smokeys in Oceanside today to pick up 5 gals of Trick 110 octane. The clerk notice my T and said "You know a whole bunch of Grand Nationals will be gathering at Carlsbad this weekend." I guess the word gets around...

:cool:

Word get around

:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Ken -

HMMMMM! I wonder who could have been telling them this;) It wouldn't be me, of course not:D

Otherwise, long time no see! I see in your signature you have done a couple of mods since I've last seen you :cool: You had better invest in some DR's or slicks, that 60ft is horrible:p If you don't have any by Sat, let me know and you can use mine to do a couple of passes, see you Saturday...

Ray

Anyone have a guesstimate of how many TR's will be there?? After managing to destroy my trans at Palmdale last week I think I might still be able to make it down this weekend for some 10 sec runs(I wish!!) Looking forward to the "event" and will be there, vehicle or not:rolleyes:

-scott wile

How's it going Ray? Hope you get all your parts put on. I'm going to try and make it up there this weekend. My tranny is doing some funny stuff, so I don't know if the Buick will make it. I sure would like to finally make a pass with this POS. :D Look forward to seeing everyone though!

Guesstimate...HMMMM

Anyone have a guesstimate of how many TR's will be there??

-scott wile

Chevota -

I gussing 10-12 total as of right now, I also think we will be surprised by how many will actually show up all together.

BlackBandit - Get the GN fixed brother, it's time for you to get some experience with it;) Otherwise, I just received my fuel pump , hotwire kit, and O2 sensor from Nick at Arizona GN today. Awesome guy and great service! If you need anything, give him a call. I just hope now that I'll have time to get everything installed and tuned before Saturday. Well see...... and talk to ya later.

Ray

So far three of us GN owners from Phoenix will be there. My son, Britt, is also bringing his 2003 SVT. Brand new car and has only run once at Speedworld here in Phoenix. He ran a 12.6 with street tires and 4,500 ft air at 100 degrees. Should be interesting to see what he runs with better air and stickies.

Just a reminder about Carlsbad Raceway: They require helmets to run. Long pants, too, I think. Every time I'm there, there are a couple of disappointed people without their helmets.

Like Ken says the guys at Carlsbad play buy the rules so if you run 11s or faster you will need all the saftey gear. It does not look like my car is going to be ready still fighting the Manifold Demon.But I will be there to watch and B S with all.

REG

Good Luck, Reggie.
I don't think that I will be there, but if I am, I will come look you up.