CAS V1 users-Got ???

turbosam6

My cars suck
I purchased a used cas v1 today, guy said it was a couple years old. I know this is a big IC, do you have any cooling problems? I have a cas aluminum radiator, stock fan. I have an esp front mount now, no cooling problems. I know this IC was designed for faster cars, but I plan to run 10.90. It couldn't possibly slow me down, could it? Couldn't pass up the deal. Thanks for your time!

You will most likely have cooling problems and it will probably slow you down or make your turbo a bit laggy cause that intercooler is designed for cars that are running mid 9's or faster (Cal Hartline has one on his S2 PT-88 single turbo GN that runs low 9's @155+mph) so if I were you I'd keep the ESP FM cause it is the best FM in terms of cooling because it is the smallest and is plenty for your goals (10.90's).... Just my .02:)

uh huh........what the Brick said

(now if Orlando had one of those suckers.........)

Yeah a V1 would probably help him, but I think he likes his stocker with the cool box or one of those Liquid 'coolers cause they seem to work better with the Florida heat..... I wonder if anybody has tryed a V4 w/ a cool box?

Originally posted by turbosam6
I purchased a used cas v1 today, guy said it was a couple years old. I know this is a big IC, do you have any cooling problems? I have a cas aluminum radiator, stock fan. I have an esp front mount now, no cooling problems. I know this IC was designed for faster cars, but I plan to run 10.90. It couldn't possibly slow me down, could it? Couldn't pass up the deal. Thanks for your time!

I put one on in June. I haven't noticed any cooling problems, but I only run ¼ mile at a time...lol....I've never used it on the street.

I ran a best of 9.98 with my old PTE....then put the V1 on and at the same time I boxed it in and cut a hole in the bumper to get maximum airflow through the V1. I've never repeated the 9.98 yet with the V1 but we're now running in much hotter summer temps than I ran with the PTE in the cool spring.

I also don't think I'm pushing enough air yet to use the V1's full capability.

Slow you down? I wouldn't think so, although I'll betcha Tony could give you a definitive answer. The only thing that may slow you down is the difference in weight....mine weighs a lot more than the PTE unit and it's at the worst possible place to put the extra weight.

Chris