Cash for clunkers WE4 car traded in...Sad day!

all you people that think that it is a travesty to destroy such a cool car becasue it was worth way more than $4500 would want to pay more than $2500 for the car- there'd be a 4 page thread about how stupid the guy is for wanting something like $3000 for the car if he posted it for sale here- and he'd be stuck with it.
it was probably the best and easiest way to get rid of it.
as weird as it sounds, to most of the population a 22 year old Buick regal is just another old car.

All that car needed is some wheel cleaner and a set of $50 springs from autozone from what the pic shows now mechanically who knows..And we all know most of the gereral public are idiots and in our society you get penalized for taking care of your older car and keeping and driving it 5 years after its paid off...how many times have you heard "i just put gas in it and it goes thats all i know once its old to have to fix it i buy a new one"

The info that was given in the thread from the SW forum was that the car had 245K miles not 145K and definately not 45K miles. It's a shame but like I stated in the other thread a 245K mile Turbo Regal Limited isn't a $4500 car in the real world. I wouldn't consider it a clunker either but the owner obviously went where he or she could get the most money for the car.

Neal

Hard for us diehard Buick enthusiasts to digest that a turbo car despite being to most people "a 22 year old regal" got crushed. When i was visiting family in Ohio most of the cars and trucks traded in were all rotted and beat up b/c winters and salt just rust everything out. But in Maryland when i went to visiting friends there were some nice cars and trucks. More than one used car dealer in Maryland that I know personally went to new car stores and purchased "clunker" cars b/c they were flipping them. I guaranteed you not all of them got crushed. Prices i know for my familys car dealerships have gone up. Check out prices for late 90s Z71 Chevy pick ups, they are going up enormously! Depending on who you talk to, some places say they have to crush the cars within 6 months, by Jan'10, some say after the motor is pulled they can just part the car out so who knows!:confused:

cash for clunkers

i took my son out looking for a car in my 87 and i swear the sales people were all over me about the cash for clunker program. i was like look dude, it's my car we have cash so F off, only way someone will get my car is when i'm long gone or pry the keys from my cold hands.