You can type here any text you want

Champion Aluminum Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DDot690

Does anyone know of a company who can convert the aluminum 8 bolt (11 bolt) champion heads to 14 bolt? I seem to never get a reply or answer when I call Champion...

I can never get an answer by phone and no replies via email. Iv called a few times per week and left messages since early march..

Ok, I got ahold of Tom this morning.. I'm sending my heads in. Is it worth having them Ported for a car that see only an occasional track day. Motor will be a 274ci stage II, not going big on the cam.. 212/212 roller? Any opinions..

Ok, I got ahold of Tom this morning.. I'm sending my heads in. Is it worth having them Ported for a car that see only an occasional track day. Motor will be a 274ci stage II, not going big on the cam.. 212/212 roller? Any opinions..

I would since he'll already have the heads. Who knows how easy it will be in the future if you want to get a hold of him again and get this done. Plus you have a stage II, you can push it if you want.

Here is what you're looking at

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1397833891.986109.jpg

Hummm, he told me $125 to cut pedestals and drill hole... And if I wanted heads freshened up another couple hundred which would include cutting valves... Or if I wanted to have the heads race ported he would do it all for $750 + shipping if I was understanding him correctly. He said he call me when he gets them to do the order..

it was 125 for both heads to cut an 8 bolt head to 14 bolt , thats on the invoice kidglok posted
and 750 for a competition port job
kidglok invoice included custom setup going taller on the valves for jesel rocker setup and high lift billet roller , and a heavy spring package with TI retainers, Tom also matched a race intake to the new opened ports ( kidglok provided the intake)
with your 212 you wont need the heavy spring package or tall valves but you may need springs to be done depending on what was in the 8 bolt , and i would also change the valve seals to manley PC seal
once you have them machined for 14 bolt they wont accept the stock style rocker shaft
youll have to either go T+D jesel style (950.00) or cheaper chevy style scorpion rockers

Hummm, he told me $125 to cut pedestals and drill hole... And if I wanted heads freshened up another couple hundred which would include cutting valves... Or if I wanted to have the heads race ported he would do it all for $750 + shipping if I was understanding him correctly. He said he call me when he gets them to do the order..

seems to be in line with what I got

Back