Change oil filter without a mess

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Like most of you, I hate cleaning up after myself. :mad:
You know, . . .. when you replace the oil filter and the oil drips on the frame, and transmission lines and runs down the block.
I have used this for a while but wanted to share how to make one for your toolbox. Every setup is different but this should work for +90%. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go. Cheap, simple, easy and saves time trying to clean up after ones self. Hope this helps someone.

20160416_130621.jpg
20160416_130638.jpg
20160416_130810.jpg

Good idea, I ve done that on the raptor 660 ATV for some time now. Also can make cardboard ramp. Many applications if you just look!

That works well. In addition, I knock a hole in the lower edge w/ a punch, allow the filter to empty. Then, it's less to deal with, once you take it off. When it quits dripping, I run a sheet metal screw in the hole...

Like most of you, I hate cleaning up after myself. :mad:
You know, . . .. when you replace the oil filter and the oil drips on the frame, and transmission lines and runs down the block.
I have used this for a while but wanted to share how to make one for your toolbox. Every setup is different but this should work for +90%. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go. Cheap, simple, easy and saves time trying to clean up after ones self. Hope this helps someone.

View attachment 277775 View attachment 277776 View attachment 277777
Genius!

That works well. In addition, I knock a hole in the lower edge w/ a punch, allow the filter to empty. Then, it's less to deal with, once you take it off. When it quits dripping, I run a sheet metal screw in the hole...
Thought I'd share my experience;
Using a WIX filter, I knocked a hole and let it drip for about 3 hours. There was quite a bit of oil left that poured out when unscrewing the filter :mad:. May need two holes, one at the bottom and another one on top?