changed plugwires and runs horrible....

gonna give that a shot too. thanks.

sure is aggravating. thanks again to all for your input.

Since you just received the new tt chip, do you have the old one you could put back in and check to see if the problem is the new chip?

Did you break a spark plug tightening them down?

BW

If you had a temp gun you could check each header tube to see if temp is pretty consistant between all cylinders, I would bet one of the wires has a problem, can you put the old ones back on?

yeah i tried the old wires and same exact effect. i wouldn't mind buying 1 of those temp guns. good for my house and other things.

If you had a temp gun you could check each header tube to see if temp is pretty consistant between all cylinders, I would bet one of the wires has a problem, can you put the old ones back on?

I believe he said he had tried that and it ran the same....... :(

Maybe a wire is broke at one of the injectors? Try pushing down on the connectors at the injectors or wiggle them to see if that makes a difference. Could also explain the misfire.

just about to post too.

i changed the coilpack and the start up seemed good but as soon as it warms up, it dies. when i rev it up there's a tip in stall and spurting.

if i don't rev , it'll idle rough (not as rough as last time) and die.

Any update on the progress. :smile:

Did you check the sparkplugs or replace them? I saw that you said was going to check them but didn't see you mention that you did.

What brand are they and what part number is on the plugs?

gonna check it out tonight if i have time.

i may switch back to a 1 wire o2 sensor.

and swapping back to the other chip i have.

ok. i just had only time to swap the chip and it runs worse.

saturday i'll be pulling the plugs so i have more light to work with.

update then.

check the 3 wires running down the side of the block to the crank sensor, u might have to slice open the black tape to do so, check the insulation on each wire for softness..close to the sensor,then black tape each wire seperately and plug it back into the sensor try again...

is that in front near the intake?

check the 3 wires running down the side of the block to the crank sensor, u might have to slice open the black tape to do so, check the insulation on each wire for softness..close to the sensor,then black tape each wire seperately and plug it back into the sensor try again...

ok. this is what i did today....

changed plugs to ac delco and gapped at .35

changed the o2 sensor to a new denso.

put the turbo tweak chip back in.

whatever i did it idles better. just a little tip in hesitation but far from where it was.

here's a newer issue which i think is still part of this current problem.

when i gas in in any gear, the car just stumbles and barely goes. simply letting off the brake it will go in drive and reverse.

i'm getting really irritated by this.

i did recently change the fluid and tranny filter but it was shifting fine for the few miles i drove it.

any help on this is appreciated. i think i'll give it 1 more try before i just look for a shop to figure it out.

the wires run down by the alt,power steering area...it's the only wire that travels down to the crank sensor on that side...

Did you ever try adjusting the IAC, it was reading high from the PL screen shot you posted before.

Can you post another PL screen shot now that it's running somewhat better.

Did you ever try adjusting the IAC, it was reading high from the PL screen shot you posted before.

Can you post another PL screen shot now that it's running somewhat better.

I agree if your IAC is still out of wack it will have a stumble off idle

i got some advice to remove the tps tec and just do it the traditional way. so i went and did that. adjusted to .44 volts.

played with the iac screw and no matter which way i put it i can't get it below 60s.

still having that acceleration issue.

here's the last 2 PL screen shots.

Attachments

• pl sunday 1.jpg
    pl sunday 1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 227
  • pl sunday 2.jpg
    pl sunday 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 225
I didnt read your whole thread so bare with me BUT! when IAC cant be adjusted the Computer has a separate driver for IAC so maybe like me you Fried it & the rest is OK??

i got some advice to remove the tps tec and just do it the traditional way. so i went and did that. adjusted to .44 volts.

played with the iac screw and no matter which way i put it i can't get it below 60s.

still having that acceleration issue.

here's the last 2 PL screen shots.

Did you lower the tps to .38 before making adjustments to the iac (turn clockwise to lower the counts) and turn the engine off and restart after making adjustments.

I didnt read your whole thread so bare with me BUT! when IAC cant be adjusted the Computer has a separate driver for IAC so maybe like me you Fried it & the rest is OK??

Also if you watch IAC all the time when driving does it seem to work ok until it goes into idle then go nuts? Thats what mine does but its set right. Just that when idling too long it gets crazy numbers.