You can type here any text you want

changing turbo's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazyx4

I currently have a jrnl. p70 and I bought a db hpq 71. I'm at 70% dc on my injectors. How much fuel do I need to add to the VE table?

I currently have a jrnl. p70 and I bought a db hpq 71. I'm at 70% dc on my injectors. How much fuel do I need to add to the VE table?

Probably none.
AG

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would also say you should be fine with your current settings, if it does run a lil lean you can always add later.

Just to elaborate on my response, the turbo will only support the demand of the engine. Unless you were running your turbo out for all it's worth then you probably won't need to change much.
AG

and 70% dutycle is ok as long as its maintaing your target a/f without adding too much fuel. When your approaching 85%+ dutycycle and its still adding fuel then it might be time for bigger injectors. I like running my injectors with 30% room, this way if my fuel system (or alky) starts to fall off for whatever reason the computer can make up the difference by opening the injectors more to hopefully prevent a meltdown untill i can catch it.

running 25psi of boost. would like to run around 30psi with the new turbo.

Interested in what difference you feel. I got a super deal on the same turbo on eBay a few months ago, 4 bolt? Our combos are very similar but I'll be running a 200 Trans.

It would seem you will gain power going from the p to q wheel. I'm real interested to see what it pickes up pound for pound. I'd guess the gain is going to be in the 100rwhp range on an all out motor like you have.

It would seem you will gain power going from the p to q wheel. I'm real interested to see what it pickes up pound for pound. I'd guess the gain is going to be in the 100rwhp range on an all out motor like you have.
The gain below 5500 rpm will be minimal if he was running the 70 p trim all out. I dyno end back to back and actually picked up going from a 66gtq to a 72 p trim a couple years ago. The gain was minimal till rpm was over 5600. Then it took off. At 6000rpm it was almost 100whp difference. Peak power was only up about 20whp though. The 66 compressor couldn't keep up with the engines demands. He should pick up at least 100whp by increasing boost 5psi though. On my engine the clipped p trim didn't cause a problem till about 77-78lbs/min. That's enough to run in the 9's.

24psi, 120 renagade fuel, with a 1.42 60ft. Full weight car with a full tank of fuel. I'm 250lbs.

New turbo is on the car. I'm going to the track this weekend. Will post new times if I get to make a few passes.

New turbo is on the car. I'm going to the track this weekend. Will post new times if I get to make a few passes.

rained all day Friday. it was too wet and cold Saturday. in the 20's Sunday

Back