Charlotte Autofair Sept 15

No comment on the Neon from me, I was too far back, all I could see was a bunch of lane changing up ahead...Now, here's the AutoFair list as it stands today
1-Cheryl Dahr
2- Pat Broughton
3- Steve Baske
4-Kevin Hughes
5-Brian Berg
6-Conrad Carter
7-Alonzo Peterson
8-Eric Singer
9-Trampass Butcher
10-Rob DeBlock
11-Jim Longwith
12-John Waller
13-John Waller
14-Vernon Swindell
15-Randy Mullis
16-Clint Atkins
17-Scott Schumacher
18-Monte Uhrig
19-Mike Medina
20-Johnny Canaday

* next alternates -
1- Garyk1970
2-Sam Barnes

tomorrow is pretty much sink or swim day for me, so Gary/Sam/whoever: you may want to at least get out the polishing cloths and armor all....just in case.....

Got my GN trailered home just Tue from Balmer with newly rebuilt engine. After a 100-150 mi break-in & oil/ filter change (& replace O2 sensor...) I should be good for 200 mi trip to AutoFair. See y'all morning of 9/15...

tomorrow is pretty much sink or swim day for me, so Gary/Sam/whoever: you may want to at least get out the polishing cloths and armor all....just in case.....

Will someone PLEASE throw Kevin a life jacket...:eek: ...!!!!!
I've played enough musical chairs/cars this week!

it's not that bad......worse comes to worse I can just throw a rivet gun,touch up paint and some trim adhesive in the trunk and finish it in the parking lot.....

Despite the looming water restrictions telling us not to wash our cars, I did it anyway today.

Bad news is that the exhaust paint I put on the up and down pipes chipped right off after driving it for about 30 minutes yesterday. That was 1500 degree paint. I guess I'll have to do it again with 2000 degree paint or does anyone have other suggestions.

We will be in the main grandstand tunnel concession area, to the left of the big blue Smith Tower entrance

I started polishing Twisted today, my rag snagged one of my 3.8 hood emblems and almost yanked it off:mad: So I gotta fix that and replace an air dam that's warping

If someone needs an extra ticket I have one I have no guest coming; too short of a notice....
So I will have it hopefully at the cracker barrel or PM me maybe we could priority mail it.

I got my Hooptee almost put back together. :) The body shop that was suppose to paint my car, didn't even start on it as they promised. :mad: It set there for weeks stripped down and awaiting paint.:mad: :mad: :mad: So I took it back and we put it back together. :eek: I'll try another body shop sometime in Jan 08.

I got my Hooptee almost put back together. :) The body shop that was suppose to paint my car, didn't even start on it as they promised. :mad: It set there for weeks stripped down and awaiting paint.:mad: :mad: :mad: So I took it back and we put it back together. :eek: I'll try another body shop sometime in Jan 08.

thats sucks big time.

Why did you need to paint it? i thought the paint looked fantastic. if anything that needed to be painted was the flares and the fender vents. that should only take a few days.

I know what your going thru i got a dent in my rear qtr panel rite before the spring autofair and the guy painted it with metal flake paint! talk about rushing to get the car ready!

thats sucks big time.

Why did you need to paint it? i thought the paint looked fantastic. if anything that needed to be painted was the flares and the fender vents. that should only take a few days.

I know what your going thru i got a dent in my rear qtr panel rite before the spring autofair and the guy painted it with metal flake paint! talk about rushing to get the car ready!

Thats what he was suppose to be doing painting vents, flares and touch up a few scratch's and wet sand some orange peel texture out of the paint. I got all the lights and seals back in now. Just a good cleanup before the show is left. :)

Is Anything Going On After The Show,maybe A Quick Ride To The Mooresville Dragway,maybe See What Some Of These Cars Are Made Of.

Thats what he was suppose to be doing painting vents, flares and touch up a few scratch's and wet sand some orange peel texture out of the paint. I got all the lights and seals back in now. Just a good cleanup before the show is left. :)

We made better progress on yours than we did mine though.....the beastie should be done in time though...I think...I hope...I guess....

Only Been To Mooresville Once,but It Was Only About 30-45 Minutes Outside Of Charlotte,i Don't Know Far It Is From The Speedway But I Am Sure That Somebody Could Point The Way And Maybe Even Know A Shortcut,dieing To Try Out The Alky,and Love To See Some Other Fast Tr's That Could Maybe Help A Newbie Out.

Mooresville is just north on I-77, maybe 20 miles or so. Hard to say what will happen after the show; typically everybody is too po'ed at Alonzo for winning (again).....:mad: and just goes home....

If anyone sees a yellow Malibu on the side of I-40 West...stop and pick me up...the car will have to sit there over night until I fetch it.