You can type here any text you want

Cherry bomb Vortex, Borla straight through muffs & GN1 Exh.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
Anyone try Cherry bomb Vortex mufflers or the Borla perforated core mufflers (same as ultra flow & max flow)?
Will conventional size (4 3/4 X 9 1/2 X 14 long) mufflers fit on the GN1 3 in. dual exhaust system?
Thoughts and opinions please.

Very annoying interior drone with the Borla mufflers from 35 mph to 65 mph.

Believe it or not the Vortex is one of the highest horsepower, quietest mufflers we have ever tried. They are not stainless but they work great
Mike

Thanks Mike. From the cutaways it seems like they would flow descent but I wondered what they sounded like. It seems like they would sound similar the ultra flow and max flow, either louder or quieter.
Would these fit on the GN1 3in. exhaust?

Believe it or not the Vortex is one of the highest horsepower, quietest mufflers we have ever tried. They are not stainless but they work great
Mike

Would you say the Vortex are louder or quieter than the Dynomax ultra flow, Hooker max flow?

I installed some Jones max flows on my '94 Cutlass Supreme Convertible w/ 3.4L DOHC and they are surprisingly quiet.
They are 409 stainless steel and are quieter than the Dynomax ultra flows, Hooker max flow and aero chamber I've tried on this car.
Maybe they would be quieter on the GN/T as well.

Back