You can type here any text you want

Chinese cranks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

How much hp are you guys making with these chinese 4340 cranks? I know on the small block chevy stuff they are making over 1000 hp to the wheels with scat , eagle , ohio crankshaft 4340 chinese cranks. Are any of you guys making making 800 + rwhp with them. Or is billet the only way to go with our buicks for a crank to withstand that kind of power. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

To my knowledge no one has broke a China Crank. Someone may say different. I've not seen anyone post that has.

I will be using one when I rebuild my shortblock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge no one has broke a China Crank. Someone may say different. I've not seen anyone post that has.

That is what I was told where the BMS Cranks has!!

I heard that some of the tsm guys run them.

There all China cranks
Just a diff price and company name on it.

I plan on running a stroker crank in my 109 at rebuild time also. Were you thinking of the 3.400 or 3.625 to run? The best deal seems to be in the packages where you can get the whole rotating assembly. Check with whom ever you want to build your motor also, the package may have Diamond pistons and 5.97 rods and they may like CP's with 6.350 rods. Weber had some odd stroked cranks as well, like a 3.55.

I plan on using a 3.625 crank in a stage 2 I am building. I want to make at least 800 rwhp. I didnt want to spend 3,000 on a billiet crank if these forged cranks work.

I think you'll be more than fine with a china forged 3.625 crank.

There is an old thread here somewhere showing a china 3.4 crank in a TA block where the rods let go and windowed the block at 1300hp with nitrous. Found it: post 15 here. <a href="http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ta-block.347796/#post-2781732">ta block</a>
He said in another thread the crank was fine after all that.

Just make sure everyhting is right with the crank and the bearing clearances are correct for big power.

It was the power plate
That took out the motor
To lean on the rear cylinders.
Not the tuner. Lol

david husek. fullthrottle speed , hueffman and other buick vendors

I beat the crap out one for 5 years. Was even turned 20/20. Sold the engine but it is still going strong. Many 9 second passes. I got a new motor with another one.

There all China cranks
Just a diff price and company name on it.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with that statement? :(

We have used many different China cranks, and some are better [or worse] than others.

Even though they may have been forged is one place, I do know machining is done in different places, some not in China.

We used Eagle cranks from the start of the influx of these from China, and never had any issue with them, but some of the others had various issues and most could be easily corrected, some could not.

I am sorry but I have to disagree with that statement? :(

We have used many different China cranks, and some are better [or worse] than others.

Even though they may have been forged is one place, I do know machining is done in different places, some not in China.

We used Eagle cranks from the start of the influx of these from China, and never had any issue with them, but some of the others had various issues and most could be easily corrected, some could not.

Nick word has it you got some good new 4340 forged cranks with new upgrades, please do tell. ;)

Last edited:
Back