Chinese headers beware....

Bad fitup, prep, no/poor purge.
Sumting Wong, was not on his A game, that time.....

Thank you for the reminder to check my next set of headers, no matter where they come from.
We tend to overlook the fact the exhaust doesn't just go out the tailpipe, but goes through the turbo first unlike our N/A work beaters.

I for one, didn't take your reminder as a reason to avoid buying a particular set of headers or to avoid a particular vendor.

I think it should be common knowledge to check your headers for debris.
Thank you for sharing.

Check everything. So back in 2010 or so I bought a rocker arm from a vendor here, it wasn't hardened. I only swapped the one that broke, other side was fine. Which turned out to be perfect test to prove it wasn't lack of oil/the engine that caused it. Took a file to it, not hardened. Sent metal through the engine real quick. So, that $100 bad part turned into a $15k rebuild.

Had a brand new set of Morel lifters and one was missing the majority of the pin bearings on the roller. Could have been a disaster if that wasn't noticed.

Q.C. and re-work by the end user, it's the turbobuick vendor way.... :rolleyes:

We need a technical thread of every part that needs Q.C. and re-work before using, from each vendor.

It's no mystery to me why a stock Buick built motor can go well over 200K miles at 11 second pump gas and alky. levels for over 30 years and some folks can't get many miles at all in their "rebuild" with aftermarket parts. Kinda sad actually. :(

Another good list would be turbobuick shops that spend the time to inspect and rework parts that they use and sell, I'd just love to hear we are going to give you a new set of lifters under warranty just after one takes out your $15K motor... o_O

I have never.......I repeat, NEVER............have I taken a newly purchased product and just installed it on my TR!

It always gets thoroughly checked, inspected, cleaned, taken apart, mocked-up, and or modified before installation. No matter who makes it or where it came from.

I thought we were all this way.

I have never.......I repeat, NEVER............have I taken a newly purchased product and just installed it on my TR!

It always gets thoroughly checked, inspected, cleaned, taken apart, mocked-up, and or modified before installation. No matter who makes it or where it came from.

I thought we were all this way.
True indeed, but since a scope is needed to see what I found, it could easily be missed.

Unfortunately we are not all this way. Trust but verify comes to mind :)

True indeed, but since a scope is needed to see what I found, it could easily be missed.
I genuinely apologize. Sometimes I forget that most of the forum members are not equipped with some of the more specialized tools. There are also many specialized tools I don't own (or can borrow). In this case, I guy like you is absolutely needed to put our trust in to do the verification for us.

I genuinely apologize. Sometimes I forget that most of the forum members are not equipped with some of the more specialized tools. There are also many specialized tools I don't own (or can borrow). In this case, I guy like you is absolutely needed to put our trust in to do the verification for us.
All good brother:)

But wouldn't you think the vendors would know more about the quality of the parts they sell? What happens after you buy them and want to return them? The vendor wacks you for a "restocking" fee, which is total bullshit if the parts are faulty or of poor quality.

But wouldn't you think the vendors would know more about the quality of the parts they sell? What happens after you buy them and want to return them? The vendor wacks you for a "restocking" fee, which is total bullshit if the parts are faulty or of poor quality.
Here's what I can tell you....these headers where purchases 2 years ago, originally my customer was told sorry its been to long, BUT after talking to the other vendor who actually has them made, they decided the headers should be returned for a full refund. Looks like it's going to work out for my customer.