You can type here any text you want

chip burning

• Thread starter Thread starter tc86gn
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
PROM burner from Intronics (Poscket Programmer) and acomputer. Get the information you need from either gnttype.org or DIY-EFI.

I can't seem to find anything on the intronics site in reference to burning proms. Anyone got a link??

www.intronics.com is a different intronics. I don't know the exact history but several years ago there was an intronics in KS that made a pocket programmer. Their website disappeared and www.xtronics.com appeared with the same products and I think the same street address. Look at http://www.xtronics.com/memory/EPROM.htm The pocket programmer is cheap and flexible because it uses the parallel port, but there are lots of other, more expensive, better programmers on the market.

You have two choices: buy a package (more $, much faster) or piece it together yourself. There is a commercial chip editing program called Tunercat, that BM Computers is packaging with a programmer, blank chips, and support for making chips for the tr's, called T6Tuner (I think - sorry if that's off a little), for barely more than you can buy the individual parts. Read some of the older threads in this forum and you'll find links and info. Or you could get your own programmer and either buy tunercat or go to www.diy-efi.org and get winbin and the 7148.ecu file I uploaded for free, or just use a calculator and the hex editor that comes with your programmer. Get the promdata.xls spreadsheet and rom/eprom dissassembly from www.gnttype.org no matter what and start reading. I started out with calculator and hex editor and now use winbin so I'm not a customer of BMC but I've heard very good things about them and I think that if you want to get started making chips the fastest that's the way to go. If you want to learn the internal workings of the ecm in gory detail then go my way :). Either way, I'll repeat: get the promdata.xls spreadsheet and rom/eprom dissassembly from www.gnttype.org no matter what and start reading, because you will need to know some of this stuff from the beginning.

Intronics is still in Kansas (right outside of Shawnee, KS). It is run in the basement of George's house and he does still have a website...he simply isn't the Intronics that came around lately and registered the name...

Intronics
Box 13723 / 612 Newton Street
Edwardsville, Kansas 66111
(913) 422-2094

We sell a complete package for $299. It includes the pocket programmer, eraser, 3 blank chips and our graphical tuning software, the Turbo 6 Tuner. We have many happy Buick customers, we provide everything you need, including support and an excellent manual to cover getting you going. You can buy all the parts seperatley for about the same cost as we sell the package, but you get our support and website bulletin board for anything you need. We enjoy helping people and seeing them progress, we use email to transfer files and directscan recordings.

You can download our software and try it out:
www.bmcomputersource.com/t6_setup.exe
and download the stock .bin to look over:
www.bmcomputersource.com/acxa0942.bin

send me an email, or give me a call if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bob

Back