You can type here any text you want

chip info. too much timing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justabuickv6

I'm currently running a PTE 93 chip made for blue tops.

I'm running a best of 102 mph and I'm running out of injector right at 100 mph, according to Direct Scan. Several people on this board has viewed my DS file and advised that I'm running too much timing (21.1) in 3rd. I looked and the entire WOT run was 21.1 degrees. Is this too much? Should it be changed?

BTW, I only get knock right after switching in to 3rd.

PT52
16 lbs of boost
93 octane
Blue Tops
Stock D5
THDP
340 with hot wire
stock motor

Knock Knock

What is your fuel pressure set at? I would like to see your DS file to. Usually 21* is only 1 * from the normal of the 20* chips sold out there.
Thanks Tom

Read File

Just looked at the file, I see where the 02s were starting to fall off. I would replace fuel filter with a new one. Also up the fuel pressure a # at a time until there is no knock. That 340 hotwired is more then enough for the blue tops.
Tom:)

SPOOLN

Thanks for your reply.

The fuel filter is new. My fuel pressure is 46 line off.

The O2 numbers were safe (780-790) Did you mean they were dropping too fast?

Fuel Supply

Since you have a good pump to supply the fuel. Maybe try to adjust the cam sensor. Sometime if its a little off it can cause the car to run a little lean. Seems like with that state of tune (16#) you should have no knock.
Good Luck
Tom:)

Back