Choosing an aluminium enclosed trailer… Haulmark or ATC?

1. The winch can be mtd external, on the tongue, or in a below floor compartment.
The FL we had, had the winch parallel to the dr side wall. The cable ran thru a snatch block hooked into a flush d ring in the center of the floor.
Not in use? retract the cable, put the block away. Clear floor, nothing to fall over.
Our winch also had a wireless control... A NEAT option on some of the better winches.

As for the winch....A min of 5000# single line pull. {8K is what we used}. Take a look at the newer cables... Not braided steel, any longer.

Claude give me a call some time. here is a pic of my ATC. I am considering a 20 ft enclosed.(I know it is small) and I might put sleds in it for the winter.

Attachments

• MY TRAILER 002.JPG
    MY TRAILER 002.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • MY TRAILER 006.JPG
    MY TRAILER 006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • MY TRAILER 009.JPG
    MY TRAILER 009.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • MY TRAILER 018.JPG
    MY TRAILER 018.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Check out Bravo and United Trailers.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
I just checked BRAVO and I wouldn't be surprised if they were built at the same shop (VINTAGE) who also builds the MILLENIUM because a lot of details look very similar….

I also checked UNITED which also look nice but their website doesn't show much pictures, only a list of what you can order but more pictures would've been nice. All the ones I saw were basic models, not loaded ones…

Claude.

Go on Bruce Litton Trailer site. If you can't find anything, give them a call as they have good prices on United Trailers.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Go on Bruce Litton Trailer site. If you can't find anything, give them a call as they have good prices on United Trailers.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Thanks Billy for the link.;) In the meantime, I searched and found this one: http://www.trailerenterprises.com/index_files/UnitedUnlimited8524TA52Black142678.htm which seems to me a very nice trailer! I think it's about the equivalent to the Millenium I was looking at the other day and to which I posted a link in post #26 (but maybe with a few more "goodies")… The only thing missing is the large left side escape door but I sent them a message asking if they can add one.

Thanks everyone for your comments, keep 'em coming! (y)

Claude. :)

Last edited:
5300# empty....How does that compare to the alum units?
I found a 24' Brave at 5,580lbs, a Continental Cargo 24' at 4,500 lbs, a 24' Haulmark at 5,700 lbs.
By comparison an aluminum 24' ATC "Quest 205" advertised at 3,484 lbs an all-aluminum 24' Sundowner at 4,190 lbs…so I guess the weight of the steel 24'United is in right in the ballpark with other steel trailers…

Claude.

Claude, what did you end up deciding to do for a trailer? I too am in the market for a spread axle 24' aluminum hauler with a desire for a lot of the same options you are/were looking for. I had my search narrowed down to an ATC Quest (the lack of a center bar tongue frame on the raven makes me nervous) and the Haulmark ALX Aluminum. The options I'm looking for are a premium escape door with removable fender, some sort of finished walls and floor, maybe some overhead cabinets, winch plate setup, but I am also looking for a full width rear door with flush mount handles (no cam lock bars on the exterior) and 5200-6000# axles. I'll be pulling primarily with my 2016 Silverado 1500 which is why I want aluminum. I've looked at several brands of aluminum trailers, and currently own an Aluma open (VERY nice quality and excellent welds) as well as a 20' Bravo steel frame enclosed cargo trailer (only had it a year, not super impressed with it but nice enough quality for a work trailer which is how we use it) and I was shocked to see some of the junk in the market. I am not a welder by any means, but I am pretty sure I could have welded some of the trailers I looked at better than the factory did. They were horrible. So far I've looked at Mission, EZ Hauler, Neo, Triton, Lightning, Bravo aluminum, ATC, and Haulmark. I will say some of the worst I saw were the EZ hauler and Mission - good looking trailers, good price point, but horrible fit and finish. I was impressed with the ATC and surprisingly impressed with the Haulmark ALX. Both had very nice welds and the haulmark also had some nice features like a piano hinge rear door and nice drop skirt setup on the spread axle. I am surprised to see the negative reviews on the Haulmark as they looked pretty well built and engineered to me, welds looked good and decent fit and finish. I would love to do a new Featherlite 4930 or an InTech but my budget tops out around $16-18k. Any help you can lend would be appreciated, I am hoping to order something in the next week or two.
Thanks!
Gino

p.s. let me know how you GN fit in with the escape door!

Claude, what did you end up deciding to do for a trailer? I too am in the market for a spread axle 24' aluminum hauler with a desire for a lot of the same options you are/were looking for. I had my search narrowed down to an ATC Quest (the lack of a center bar tongue frame on the raven makes me nervous) and the Haulmark ALX Aluminum. The options I'm looking for are a premium escape door with removable fender, some sort of finished walls and floor, maybe some overhead cabinets, winch plate setup, but I am also looking for a full width rear door with flush mount handles (no cam lock bars on the exterior) and 5200-6000# axles. I'll be pulling primarily with my 2016 Silverado 1500 which is why I want aluminum. I've looked at several brands of aluminum trailers, and currently own an Aluma open (VERY nice quality and excellent welds) as well as a 20' Bravo steel frame enclosed cargo trailer (only had it a year, not super impressed with it but nice enough quality for a work trailer which is how we use it) and I was shocked to see some of the junk in the market. I am not a welder by any means, but I am pretty sure I could have welded some of the trailers I looked at better than the factory did. They were horrible. So far I've looked at Mission, EZ Hauler, Neo, Triton, Lightning, Bravo aluminum, ATC, and Haulmark. I will say some of the worst I saw were the EZ hauler and Mission - good looking trailers, good price point, but horrible fit and finish. I was impressed with the ATC and surprisingly impressed with the Haulmark ALX. Both had very nice welds and the haulmark also had some nice features like a piano hinge rear door and nice drop skirt setup on the spread axle. I am surprised to see the negative reviews on the Haulmark as they looked pretty well built and engineered to me, welds looked good and decent fit and finish. I would love to do a new Featherlite 4930 or an InTech but my budget tops out around $16-18k. Any help you can lend would be appreciated, I am hoping to order something in the next week or two.
Thanks!
Gino

p.s. let me know how you GN fit in with the escape door!
Gino, I ended up buying a 24ft. all aluminum AMERICAN HAULER enclosed trailer, black exterior, 7,000# torsion axles, 16" 8 bolt alloy wheels, fully equipped interior with rubber coin floor covering with an in the floor recessed spare tire compartment, electric winch, led lighting inside and out + 110 volt lighting as well, cabinets with a closet, driver side escape door, carpeted lower walls, aluminum rear wing, rear ramp door with flap and flush mount recessed latches, etc…
I haven't took delivery of it yet but I should very soon, a week or two. I had some inside ramps installed by the dealer so the bottom of my car's door would clear the bottom of the side escape door. I ordered it from Jason Deitsch trailer sales in Edgerton, OH. (http://www.jasondietschtrailersales.com) .
Here a re a few pictures…
Thanks,

Claude. :)

--> P.S: Believe it or not, but the Featherlite 4930 model is actually a rebadged HAULMARK as both these makes are owned by the same company (Universal Trailer Corporation) who owns Exxis, Haulmark, Featherlite, Sooner and Wells Cargo.

IMG_4517.JPG
IMG_4284.JPG
IMG_4285 2.JPG
DSCN5048.JPG

Last edited: