Chris Chow's TT GN

hamer

anyone seen this movie of the dyno pull of Chris Chow's twin turbo GN? I seen it last night at work. some kid got it in his email, and since Im the only Buick driver there they called me in the shop and said " dude you gotta see this itll give you a hard on" I was planning on seein a big titty gal but instead i see the buick sittin there. So the guy hits play and holy s&^%5. open exhaust through the front fenders!! TWO big turbos sittin out of holes in the hood!!! So it shows him backin into a shop to get on the dyno, man thats a scary lookin beast to see in your rearview, anyway it goes to him on the dyno and he starts goin, and then HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS the freakin car lifts up, the camera mic is fuzzin out smoke everywhere, after he shuts down the dyno was still smokin!! then it cuts to the computer screen showin 1076 HP!!! I was in heaven for the minute or so it was on. I stood there and watched it like 4-5 times as he was showin everybody else as they came in and out.
AWESOME!!!!

It was almost a stage motor.
We found out later that it was only running on 7 holes.
Dyno it again and get the tires not to spin on the dyno.
It would make 1400rwhp easy!

Originally posted by John Wilde
It was almost a stage motor.
We found out later that it was only running on 7 holes.
Dyno it again and get the tires not to spin on the dyno.
It would make 1400rwhp easy!

Wow!!! Tell Chris to run it on drag radials;) :eek:

Steve,

We talked about that yesterday.
Our Local Racing Org the PSCA's Radial
class makes you run a max 275/60 and no electronic
boost control. I don't think that will work to well.
He will be racing in Heavy Street at 3610lbs next
weekend @ Vegas. I would expect low 8s.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Steve,

We talked about that yesterday.
Our Local Racing Org the PSCA's Radial
class makes you run a max 275/60 and no electronic
boost control. I don't think that will work to well.
He will be racing in Heavy Street at 3610lbs next
weekend @ Vegas. I would expect low 8s.

Yeah that definitely wouldn't work....... Low 8's on a stock style rear suspension with a 10.5" tire sounds good enough to me:cool:

psca @ vegas is the last week of aug not next weekend.

you guys need to come to vegas and watch chris and the car run

From the other board
The point is, if you're going to make a hotrod Chevy, make a hotrod Chevy...there are plenty of them out there to modify. If, on the other hand, you want a hotrod BUICK, make a hotrod BUICK.
Why do some people obsess over that? Geez, if you go and watch some hardcore drag racers, some of them don't use the same brand engine and car...A BB Mopar V8 in a Chevy? How dare they! :rolleyes:

And geez, Buick and Chevy are still GM!!! Would you rather that guy used a Ford 351W? Sheesh! :rolleyes:

naw, I don't get it......anybody can build a twin turbo V8....just because it is in a Buick body means squat!

Chris went 9.17 with his stock suspension 3600lbs buick and was going to go 8's when I saw an add in National Dragster.
It was from Bob Rieger and he was selling (3) Twin Turbo SBC1700hp plus motors. Chris and I made a call and he picked one up for cheap . Keep in mind this motor won the 99 NMCA Pro Street Championship and was designed and assembled by Ken Duttweiler. He sold the v-6 for the price of the v-8 and was on his merry way. He traded 1000hp for 1800hp. Sounds like a good deal to me. At the time of the purchase there was no TA block and the forged cranks had all dried up. It seemed that the buick
v-6 was going to die for racing applications. Maybe if we knew then what we know now. Who am I kidding, I would trade my stage 2 project in a heart beat for that motor. Different strokes for different folks. To be honest with you the v-6 turbo motor can not compete with a v-8 turbo at the same weight. This is a double edged sword because most racing groups will not give the gn a weight brake. If they do, these pigs are hard to get any weight off of anyway.

Twin Turbo SBC1700hp plus motors
Kenny D is not just anybody and not just anybody can make 1700 plus HP:)

But the tail lites are not the same and thats what you would be looking at LOL;)

Geno you're still the man. Stockblock. :)

I'm not a big fan of racecars. ;)

Especially Chebbys and Ferds. :(

Twin turbo 455 would be nice, if possible.... :cool:

I raced an 8 second car at Englishtown, I didn't even see the tail lights. :D

I understand:)

Hell people at the track somtimes call my car a black Monte;) LOL
I met Chris at Turbo Thunder and he seems to be a good guy and im sure he gets alot of crap for having a SBC in a GN:( The fact is i dont remember anybody making 1800 hp with a S2:D So the fact he stepped up and wanted more HP than a S2 can take is kewl:cool:

Anybody complaining, go take your $$ and put the Chevy motor in whatever you want to, that is if you can afford it. Basically, it's his dime and he can spend it any way he wants. Cool he is sharing his info. I'll bet he can compete with his car at more events that we do, with the way things are going.

If I had that engine, I would use the Chassis that was available for it.

I think they put 305's in the Buick Regals, if my memory serves me correct......

you guys all have your points, but I believe I have one also

this is, after all, a turbo Buick (V6) board

there are lots of fast cars out there, but I am mostly interested in what is being done with the V6.......maybe Chris would like to try John Gallina's V6?

no rap on Chis, whatever floats your boat........