Chris Lyons, 8.74 @ 157

Sounds good.............if you and Platehead show I'll buy you guys a beer also.

Dont think ill be making it,Got my kid sat morn and my mom is in FLA,so no baby sitter. Also i leave for Vegas wed morn :) saving my money for that,plus i have to pay for my new heads :cool:
And im contrmplating flying to reynolds if i can pull of another day of work, at about 4 1/2 weeks this year :eek:

Damn, I can't believe a week went by and I'm only finding out about this now! Way to go Chris, you deserve it man. You worked VERY hard to get here with lots of frustration along the way. I'm really happy for you!

If you make it to Cecil that would be great, I'll buy you a beer too! I'm very happy for you buddy!

Art.

EightSecV6 said:
Cogratulations! Dont go too much faster or you'll be on the TSO chopping block!
Oh, now that's funny. What are you proposing Billy, outlawing combinations with T-88 turbo's, V1 intercoolers and shocks set one click to the right? :rolleyes:

Art.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm planning on making it to Cecil but the weather isn't looking to promising. I re-scheduled my Friday for today and have the car, trailer packed and ready to go. I was planning on leaving tonight late and getting in early tom. Mapquest says 331 miles so it's not a bad tow. I'm going to play it by ear. If it's raining when I'm planning to leave I may not make it.

I would really like to get the car back out and back up my one good run. I'm still not completely sorted out yet, one good pass doesn't make a competitive race car.

Ijames, I do log everything the problem comes from mulitple issues at a time.

If it dont rain, make it to Cecil Chris, Its belooow sea level and should be some cool temps this weekend,Plus i heard its down hill,Never been there though,wish my tank was still running.
Some member have always had thier fastest passes there.

Yes it has coil overs, although it can be switched back to stock spring and shock combo. Part of the reason they are located so far in board. I'm going to try and get some good video of it at Cecil.

I don't mind if you post a link.

Thanks

KLHAMMETT said:
If it dont rain, make it to Cecil Chris, Its belooow sea level and should be some cool temps this weekend,Plus i heard its down hill,Never been there though,wish my tank was still running.
Some member have always had thier fastest passes there.

Well, it's not quite below sea level - elevation 320 ft according to their web site (www.cecilcountydragway.com). The last 100 feet or so of the staging lanes are in line with the track and are downhill, dropping maybe 10 feet, so the track really looks like it goes downhill while you are waiting to make your pass. The track itself is pretty level, though. It is the quickest track in the area, although MIR is usually better prepped. A couple of guys who are very good, consistent bracket racers told me that they were off .3 seconds or a bit more at BPG this year compared to Cecil Co. Weather should be nice and cool Saturday, in the low 60's, if the rain will just get past us.

I'm waiting to see Chris' car on the front page of the website with the Chris Lyon's story. ;)