Coach's Custom Emblems.

Will do!! I'll push her out!! No motor yet.. :( The pic can not even begin to capture its and all the affect.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Cutting the 3.8 outline electrode...
IMG_3886.jpg

Next up is the new "T" design. The concept is finished and we should be ready to make a 3D model on Sunday.

The 4.5 XFI cutters will be finished soon, then I can start to take orders on all sizes.

*********************Would somebody with a "T" please post up pics of the emblems on the car?***************************
I need to see what else is on them. I know the hood emblems and same on the trunk, the square "T" on the fenders, and "BUICK" on the grill.
Just want to make sure there are no more I am missing. I think there is something else on the trunk???

Thanks
Coach

Thanks...
Well here is the "New" and "Updated" look for the "T" emblem.
Keep in mind...these are all stainless. No paint. We made it a bit bigger then the square black factory emblem. We angled the sides to match the angle of the "T" in the middle. The checkered background will be done by 2 different textures in the EDMing process. The outside border and "T" will be mirror polished.
Hoping to get the ready by mid July.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1402621398.902890.jpg

UPDATE...
I am trying to outsource the double sided tape cut-outs for the backsides. I tried to cut them freehand, but they did not pass my quality standards. I am going to have to have a die made to stamp them out.

I have 1 pair of 3.8 sold to Kevin Broadwater and 2 more available right now. If any of you are interested...step up.

Thanks

Cutting the 3.8 outline electrode...
View attachment 225550

I am missing my hood emblems right now. I love the idea of the 3.8 XFI Turbo but I like it in all singular letters kind of like the original. In the above picture the mold in the rear of the picture doesn't appear to have the box around the word turbo. Will it be available like that?

I am missing my hood emblems right now. I love the idea of the 3.8 XFI Turbo but I like it in all singular letters kind of like the original. In the above picture the mold in the rear of the picture doesn't appear to have the box around the word turbo. Will it be available like that?
This thread is where the final pics are. This is how they look. The "XFI" is exactly the same as the logo on your FAST system....which was the point of making them. I'm not doing stock looking emblems.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/stainless-steel-hood-emblems.413415/

Thank you for your interest.

Ok, Thanks for the reply. I do apologize as I don't think my question was as clear as it could have been.

I guess a better way to say it is I think there is to much background behind the word turbo. it creates a box look around the word unlike the 3.8 and XFI which appear as singular letters ( like the original) The emblem looks sick and the XFI is the best part. Just wondering about the Turbo background having a lot of metal surrounding it.

It has to remain that way. If we cut out around the letters...the slots were extremely small, and you would need to clean in between them with something smaller then a Q-tip.
It also weakened the emblem. The larger numbers and the XFI were sculpted around and we added strength radius where we could. Plus when you see the background in the sunlight...you'll understand. The factory emblems were almost 10 inches long...these are only 6.5. We could not make them any longer. We tried other lettering on the "turbo" and it just didnt look correct when you stretched it out because the XFI HAS to stay the size it is. It is as tall as we could get to fit on the hood bubble. Trust me...I'm having a hard enough time getting the adhesive cut for the backsides...trying to cut out more slots would add to the price big time. We tried several different versions, and this was the best for manufacturing and strength. Every person who has these already loves them.

Would there be any way to offer them with a black background instead of the glittery silver or are we on our own for that? I'm trying to think if there is another good place to put one of these since I want my car to stay de-badged.

First off, you need to reply in the For Sale ad...Stainless Steel Emblems
Next, I have to source for paint. My whole reason for making these was the effect you get when you EDM stainless steel. The "silver" background is bare stainless steel. I can guarantee these will not rust, but the paint will chip or fade. I wanted to produce emblems that would last forever, and look the same 10 years after purchase.

First off, you need to reply in the For Sale ad...Stainless Steel Emblems
Next, I have to source for paint. My whole reason for making these was the effect you get when you EDM stainless steel. The "silver" background is bare stainless steel. I can guarantee these will not rust, but the paint will chip or fade. I wanted to produce emblems that would last forever, and look the same 10 years after purchase.
Fair enough. Sorry I asked.

Here is the new, updated "Ttype" emblem. I will offer it with the checkered background, or without. The checkers are only behind the "T".
Post your comments here please.

Link to order is in my sig...

*******These will be available within 3-4 weeks...or I will post up if a delay is expected.*****************

t_2_shaded.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...the 3.8 and 4.1 and 4.5 emblems are all ready to order. I am working with TCHARGED on getting a die made to cut the adhesive for the backsides. The "T" and the "T type" emblems will be available soon.