You can type here any text you want

Code 34 with a Translator running SD

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
Amidst a couple of other issues I'm also getting a code34 despite running MAFless with my translator pro. What could be causing this? Hoping maybe solving this will solve the other couple of problems.

the translator pro creates a MAF signal and sends it to the ECM, so I would check the connections. Look at FO on the LCD and see what MAF signal it thinks its sending.

is the code intermittent, or constant?

Bob

the translator pro creates a MAF signal and sends it to the ECM, so I would check the connections. Look at FO on the LCD and see what MAF signal it thinks its sending.

is the code intermittent, or constant?

Bob

It is constant. Here is a log demonstrating my other issues as well as showing the code:
Frame 356 I lose almost all of the sensors. This has been going on for quite sometime across multiple chips all extender pro's.

Attachments

This is one frame to the next. About 50 frames later everything returns to normal. Car didnt stall out just acted like it was about to.
Screenshot 2015-01-28 21.17.12.png Screenshot 2015-01-28 21.17.22.png

Notice how some wideband and boost gauge still work? Next step is to triple check connections. This is a Casper PnP Maftpro harness. Have checked pins, no corrosion and clean terminals. Thought about repinning just to be sure.

the wideband and boost still work during an ECM reboot (thats whats happening) because the PL reads those signals directly, all the other data comes from the ECM.

we should fix the code 34 first. if the MAF signal is flaky it could cause stalling (not so much the rebooting in that log, but first things first)

key on, engine off, watch the MAF signal on the screen (or on the Scanmaster), and press the throttle. the MAF reading should not change. If it does then the ECM is not getting a MAF signal,
and is creating a fake one from the TPS reading.

what is your chip number?

Bob

Just performed that test. AF showed a 3 with no change with pedal. Turned key off and on a couple times just to be sure.

I've got a couple chip sheets from chips I got from FT but Im pretty sure this ones correct: PSXX7F1FA.

I see that the ECM is resetting itself. Does that happen if power is lost to the ECM?

Last edited:
i'm not sure how a powerloss to the ECM (orange wire at the battery) would look on the datalog.

The code 34 is definitely a MAF code, and we need to figure it out.

PM me the chip details and shipping info, I will send you another one to try.

Bob

i'm not sure how a powerloss to the ECM (orange wire at the battery) would look on the datalog.

The code 34 is definitely a MAF code, and we need to figure it out.

PM me the chip details and shipping info, I will send you another one to try.

Bob
Just sent! Going through connections at ECM one more time in the meantime.

Back