Coil Springs

camino70

I have been searching around and need a little guidance.

My T has 2" drop spindles with stock front and stock rear springs. The front pass. tire rubs and the rear sits a little too high. I want to replace the front springs with stiffer ones and maintain the ride height, if not raise it some. I would also like to replace the rear springs to lower it aproximately an inch.

While I am replacing the rear springs, I need to do something about one of my air bags, it has a small hole in it. Is it worth trying to fix or should I just replace it.

TIA
Ron

What kind of drop spindles do you have? How much were they and where did you get them...i am lookin for a set for my 87 thanks
Sleeper87

Het Sleepr87. I have 2" drop spindles from Belltech and they set me back $200.00 Canadian for the pair. For camino70, I have the same problem and I did a post a couple days back (Lowered car please help!) and Bilstein shocks as well as any performance spring (not stock-too soft) will definately help. I have belltech 2" lowering springs in the rear as well. I would sell you the spindles Sleeper87 but I don't have my stock spindles and I think it would be a nightmare to ship. You should find some from any local parts shop. Good luck with your T's:cool:

I live in maine no one stocks that kinda thing lol.....What did you run in the 1/4 wit ur setup though? I have stock springs and would be just ordering the Beltech Drop Spindels...What is 200 in american dollers? Thanks
Sleeper87

Sleeper87. I paid exactly $197.97 Canadian for the springs which is about $130.00 American. I did get them at cost from a mechanic buddy of mine. Retail would be more like $250. With my car lowered front and rear properly I can really launch my car. I have yet to be at the track to do some times but I will keep my signature posted when I get some times. I have 3.42 posi with boxed upper and lower control arms. Poly bushings as well. Tires are BFG 265/50/15. If you plan to do the drop spindles, put in a good shock especially because the stock set-up is really soft and you will be bottoming out in the wheelwell. This is frustrating, especially when you try to impress upon people the ride of the car. People have been telling me I am hitting the dump on my exhaust but it sure sounds like the tire. Anyway, good luck finding spindles. Maybe get on Belltech's Web site. Good spoolin!!!!:D