cold air kit

motorhead445

Who Has the best induction set up out there?I just have a Big K-N hanging there and I think it is ingesting all that hot air under the hood.I was thinking of the Big MouthCold Air Kits?Is there power to be made with such a set up?Does it have that cool Sound?:D

The Big Mouth Kit is a good choice. You will feel a difference.

WhoooooSH

Im looking for that cool vaccum cleaner sound.With the K-N it has a Ok sound but makes a funky noise when I let off the gas.Also interested in a cool air charge,I would like a kit to be efficient as well.:rolleyes:

It'll still make a funky noise when you let off the gas. It's the nature of the beast. I made my own cold-air kit that put the K&N behind the front bumper. VERY loud vacuum cleaner sound.

I had to pick up the Typhoon from the shop tonight (had to have it inspected). The guy I carpool to work with was with me to drive one of the cars home - the GN or the Ty. I gave him a choice, he wanted to drive the GN. So, I hop in the Ty and he hopped in the GN. You don't get to see your own car from the outside very often - looks cool. But it sounds AWESOME. And that funky noise? Sounds cool from the outside - like something scary is going on.

Anyhow, the Big Mouth kit looks cool. If you want to low-buck it, though, some 3" mandrel bent header tube from Summit racing and some silicone hose work well.

Jim

If you want the vacuum cleaner 'whoosh', the Big Mouth will give you exactly that, even at part throttle. I have it on my GN and I felt and heard the difference over the old K-B ram air setup. I noticed that the dreaded 'turbo fart' that you get when you let off the gas got a little bit louder too.
I got the chrome 3" MAF pipe that Mark sells too. The whole setup looks way cool IMO. :)

Steve

I like my homemade cold air kit. I've seen alot of them and I just made it the way I thought would work best.

Every sharp edge on the inside, from the first pipe to the TB has been removed and polished.

It did take awhile to come up with all the parts and make it just so.

love the bigmouth cold air. Vacuum cleaner sound is awesome! Turn's people's heads too:D

Homemade AIR INDUCTION

I had a old BBK Ram Air pipe sitting in my basement,it was from a previous project(1987 5.0 GT).The pipe was chrome-3inch-and-free!A buddy gave it to me but I never used it.This is the BBk that came with the open air K-N.I was gonna buy a Big Mouth,but Im getting a new turbo.:D Anyway,I made my own:eek:

Here is my list for Homemade Air induction.

BBK pipe (Standard-not-Fenderwell)-Free:D
Huge K-N-Free(came with BBK)Free
3inch elbow(PlumbQwik-Part#-PQL-300)-$10.92-:)
3inch adapter(free-cost $10-$12-at most stores):)
Grand Total=$12.00:p
Very easy to install-Move Canister-Preassemble pipe to maf-Dont forget to cut a hole for Air sensor!-Go under car preassemble K-N-Get it all lined up then tighten.:eek:
I noticed a BIG differance and the sound-(MAD VACUUM CLEANER)
So if anyone knows a MUSTANG owner or if your a MUSTANG owner the BBK pipe works great.Or you could have a good muffler-shop make you one.If anyone wants the DIMENSIONS-for
the pipe to maf E-MAIL-me.
I GET GREATER PLEASURE BY MAKING MY OWN MODS-WORKING ON MY OWN CAR.IT IS A GOOD FEELING

;) ;)

Big mouth kit + liberal use of accelerator pedal = small children (and some adults) running for their lives. :D

Awesome sound. Sounds like a freakin shop vac! I love it.

I bought the mild steel Big Mouth kit from Mark H and had the pipes jet hot coated to match my turbo shield.

Fit and finish are awesome.

Rich:D

4" Homemade cold air intake.

I made my 4" cold air intake out of a 4" mandrel bent Aluminized pipe, which then conects to a 90* silicone elbow,which places my 4" inlet (8" long) K&N directly behind the bumper. The sound is awsome! Before I went to the 4", I had a muffler shop bend me a 3" pipe with one 45* bend and one 60* (or so) bend that placed my 14" K&N 4 inches from the floor. :eek: . Everyone would look at it and stare, as you could see about 3 inches of air filter coming out from the bottom of my air damn. I loved the look but I was scared of Hydro-locking the motor if I ever went threw a deep puddle.

I'll try to get a picture of the 4" system.