Cold Air System

Turboslots

Hi Turbo lovers,
Who or where can I get a complete cold air system including the drivers side air dam with the cut out hole. I have seen a couple of cars with them and I would like to get my K&N air filter out of the engine compartment. I am not running a e-vap can so room is no problem. Thank You. :)

Kenne Bell and ATR used to make the old "cut" air lip with a cold air kit. I know Mark H sells a nice air kit but I'm not so sure you will be able to find a new style deal like that. Might have to look for a used one. They do pop up from time to time.

I'll Keep looking

Thank you Ponykillr,
I remember ATR had one but that was a while ago. I will keep my eyes open for one. I really like the air dam design but I know Mark at TR Parts sells a nice looking setup. Thanks again.:)

Cold Air

The colder the air going in, the better the intercooler and turbo work. If you are delivering warm air to the system, the intercooler can only cool so much.
Take your car for a spin in December or January (no snow or ice) and you will be surprised what a difference cooler air makes for horse power. Hope this is somewhat clear.

But thats colder air (I live in Canada believe me I'd know what a difference cold air makes) but out engine bays are designed to hold v-8's these v-6's leave a lot of excess room and the stock intake is pretty car up (pretty much behind the headlight) the temp is going to be pretty much the same. I'd have to see actual dyno numbers to think CAI + intercooler has any point.

This is about a once a month debate that has been coming up for the over ten years I have been on the board. Some people like them and some people don't and that will never change. All a personal preference, if you like one get it. If not, don't. As far as the ram air concept vs just cold air, same thing. The canister that the filter sat in with the ATR setup WAS a restriction though. AND it is about time for Grumpy to chime in.:biggrin:

This is about a once a month debate that has been coming up for the over ten years I have been on the board. Some people like them and some people don't and that will never change. All a personal preference, if you like one get it. If not, don't. As far as the ram air concept vs just cold air, same thing. The canister that the filter sat in with the ATR setup WAS a restriction though. AND it is about time for Grumpy to chime in.:biggrin:

This board is better than the comedy channel.:wink:I have to agree if you like buy it if not don't:rolleyes: and now it is time for Grumpy to chime in.:eek:LOL

Kevin

I remember there being discussion about whether or not ram air helped on a turbo car and the general consensus was no. This is because the turbo is already pulling air in pretty strongly so pushing it in via ram air doesn't really help.

Not to be a thread jacker but I have a Tinman CAI setup and have thought about putting the stocker back in well, for the stock look :) How restrictive is the stock setup ?