Cold start issue xfi 2.05

If you want send me your tune file I'll take a look at it. Won't be able to get to it till next week. Also if you can log the startup that would help

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For XFI afterstart vs CTS will be the first thing to look at and you may need to reduce the afterstart revs vs cts. It’s possible it’s not getting into afterstart fuel quick enough after firing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to add some correction in the coolant temp table also and afterstart, dont be shy with the numbers if its too rich will still run then you can re-adjust after. Go with a 10% increase. Also what Bison said will have a large effect.

I will try again tomorrow. I kinda gave up and i just fire her up and pull in and out of driveway.

Ok you need to log right away after starting it up. Make sure you in include , rpm, kpa, tps, coolant temp, iac target, cts corr., aft corr., actual a/f ratio, target af ratio. VE% . Save the file before turning the key OFF.

Norbs is the man!! I worked with him last night to tune the start on her.
She started up perfect this morning.

Cold start is always tough, it took several adjustments of the cranking fuel , coolant , afterstart enrichment and IAC settings. Each combo is different so its very hard to put a generic setting in.

Cold start is always tough, it took several adjustments of the cranking fuel , coolant , afterstart enrichment and IAC settings. Each combo is different so its very hard to put a generic setting in.

Thanks for the quick response Norbs. I have had a cold start issue the few times I’ve been using my ms3 based system... the weather here’s been shitty so haven’t been able to work much on the car but I have been trying to read and learn as much as I can from reading the manuals and forums. (Also had some weird idle issues.) ...once the weather gets better I will start working on the car again but wanted to get different ideas on how people solved their starting/idle issues with aftermarket ECUs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Basically you need to watch the o2 sensor readings as soon as it fires, and it will give you a clue about a few seconds after firing on what to do with the fueling. Provided you waited for the senor to warm up long enough before cranking and logging.

Basically you need to watch the o2 sensor readings as soon as it fires, and it will give you a clue about a few seconds after firing on what to do with the fueling. Provided you waited for the senor to warm up long enough before cranking and logging.
When you say warmed up you mean wait for reading to stop at 19?
I don't have a heated o2
By the way show starts up beautifully every time

You have a wideband o2 which is heated internally. I just mean the sensor wont read for a datalog unless you wait 10 seconds to let it warm up, it has nothing to do with starting unless you program it to work at low temps.