Color change...

turbows6

This may be a repost, but...
How badly do you think this hurts value? My car needs a complete repaint and I'm honestly not particularly fond of the off-white factory color.

Also, fwiw, my car isn't stock anyway.

TTA'S that aree not in the greatest shape are not going for that much right now. Maybe like $6K-$7500K. If you give it a decent paint job no matter what color a nice car is a nice car. I say go for it. I've seen some white repaints that are no where near original color,so what's the difference.

Not many times do I agree with GNRick, but I do this time lol. If u plan on keeping it and it's already modded.....go for it. Just remember if u do a different color people will be looking closet at it so it better be a good paint job.....no Earl Shieb!!!!!

I wonder how orange with white stickers would look...kind of a reverse 1969 Camaro Pace car?

I've been on the fence on this as well so I hear you about a color change... Mine's due for paint too, and it's already had one cheapo white repaint before.
I've been looking at different shades of red and debating. It's tough because once you make that change there's really no going back to white without spending some $$$ having the car stripped of all of the red.
The other color that I love on these cars is black... But then again the Knight Rider comments would get old pretty fast. It's a tough decision so like I said, I hear ya.

Last edited:
Make it what you want...personally I'd keep a TTA white but also when mine gets painted it will be white white not off white. But mine is far past stock appearing and I'm trying to figure out what color to paint my 10-point roll cage ;)

Attachments

• 1436990025357.jpg
    1436990025357.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 167
The question was how much it would hurt the value, and I don't think anyone could argue that it Wouldn't hurt the value going to red or black. My guess is 25% less. Off white to white= no diference.

There was a real TTA that sold for pennies on the dollar last year(?) It was painted black, but the jams and all were still original white. It looked like a nice paint job, but it wasnt completely painted.
If you were to paint it, it would have to be a full tear down and then paint every nook and cranny for it to be a success.
Would it hurt value? I dont think so. Painting a car now days is very expensive and if its a good job and done correctly, then it will increase the value.

This may be a repost, but...
How badly do you think this hurts value? ....
^^^ When? Now, in a few years, or 'way down the road?

I frequently answer a question with a question :rolleyes:

Lots of good answers above, and it is your car.
IMHO, I don't think that these cars look especially good in red... unless maybe with black or gray wheels instead of gold?
Good luck with your decision.

Considering the color of the interior, I darker red would look very nice. Don't know how fond you are of candy colors. You could also wrap it for a lot less than a pain't job. Wrap comes off then rewrap with a different theme.

I'd have to jamb the car regardless. Mine's had a drivers door put on it at some point and it was the wrong year (has incorrect year mirror) I have a mint '89 Trans Am door with the correct ground effects sitting in my garage to go on it (An awesome junkyard find for $60). My car doesn't have the original block/ transmission/ and it has a GMPP Dana 44, so NONE of the driveline is original. I'll probably end up going back white, but I may go with a more modern bright white.