You can type here any text you want

Cometic gaskets kick azz.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Not just the head gaskets. Those can be finicky... everybody knows. But they're tough as nails when they're in correctly.

I'm referring to the oil pan gasket and front cover gasket offered by Cometic too. Best I have seen and best I have used. The front cover gasket is a much better fit than anything from Felpro, and the oil pan gasket is thick and beefy. It's much better than cork and certainly much much better than the felpro rubber type. Best thing is that you can tighten the oil pan bolts without worrying about splitting the gasket.

They call the material "KF"

Not sure what that means though.

I'd like to see some pics of the pan gasket/front cover.:cool:

I'll get on it. Pics are comin'

For the first time since I've owned it, my Buick isn't "marking" it's territory with occassional oil drips. That's the best part. It's been back together and running for several weeks now and so far so good, bone dry underneath.

Pics:
prices are on the cometic website. $~30 for the pan gasket.
cometicfront.jpg

cometicpan.jpg

DSengine.jpg

I'll get on it. Pics are comin'

For the first time since I've owned it, my Buick isn't "marking" it's territory with occassional oil drips. That's the best part. It's been back together and running for several weeks now and so far so good, bone dry underneath.

What! A TR that does not leak oil? Something is definetaly wrong.;)

Back