You can type here any text you want

Cometic vs RJC head gaskets??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Going back to your original post. If it's not broke don't fix it. Stock are going to seal and don't require a retorque. But don't rattle it at all. You want low 10's? Are you currently close? Do you have an XFI or wideband/closed loop correction? What fuel? Who is tuning the car? Is the suspension capable of low 10's? There's no magic trick when it comes to head gaskets, suspension, and tuning but if they are off the results will be also. I just tell people that they should be happy reducing times .2-.3 per year of solid racing with no catastrophic breakage. If you currently run 10.90 and want to run low 10's it will usually take several thousand $ and a lot of seat time to hit the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking to make the engine capable of, not necessarily going to go out trying to run 10s.
The drivetrain will catch up later.
I am tuning it myself so i don't expect great things.
E85, 93/alky.
Stock ecm, 5.7 TT chip, PL, Wideband.

With a 5.7 chip and e85 id try to get it to run consistent 11.0-10.80. I'd try for 11.50 on 93/alky. Get the car to e.t. as it should for the power you are making. No correcting with a 5.7. It will take a few chips to reliable go faster. With 93/alky it gets even more difficult with the narrow tuning window. Head gasket choice isn't going to be a limiting factor at any point for high 10's or slower. Way more about the tuning ability and seat time

Yea I'm very thankful for my 6.1 TT. I know it's nothing compared to xfi but I believe it saved me trouble a few weeks ago. Had fuel pressure drop off in a 30psi pass and 6.1 chip added 22.5% or whatever max is trying to keep up. No real KR but I ran 11.7 @104 and I believe the 6.1 saved me

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yea I'm very thankful for my 6.1 TT. I know it's nothing compared to xfi but I believe it saved me trouble a few weeks ago. Had fuel pressure drop off in a 30psi pass and 6.1 chip added 22.5% or whatever max is trying to keep up. No real KR but I ran 11.7 @104 and I believe the 6.1 saved me

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Yup. With an XFI if you had the fuel pressure correction setup and enabled and large enough injectors you likely wouldn't have even known you had a problem with a pump till you looked at the logs. Technology has come a long way but surprisingly very few take advantage of it.

Looking for low 10s which ones would you get?

Which Ones Require less maintenance, retorquing and so on.???
Rjc head gaskets here on my low ten second build still going strong coming up on 11 yrs this spring run 28/30 lbs on c16 never re torqued since motor was installed just after 1st hear cycle . I drive my car about 3500 a year

Back