Cometics Or 9441 Felpro

cpac

CPAC
Stroked 109 ..ported Irons ..70 Gtq..bla Bla Bla What Head Gaskets Would The Members Use To Run 22 To 25 Boost Plus Methanol..i Use A Wideband And Scanmaster

I run just over 27# at the track and my 9441PT's have been in the car now for almost 8 years.

I run just over 27# at the track and my 9441PT's have been in the car now for almost 8 years.
Thats really good. Do you have ported iron heads on there? I couldnt get them to work running 124+mph constantly. The heads were deflecting under the cylinder pressure and it would burn trails on the intake side of the gasket.

Stroked 109 ..ported Irons ..70 Gtq..bla Bla Bla What Head Gaskets Would The Members Use To Run 22 To 25 Boost Plus Methanol..i Use A Wideband And Scanmaster

Id use the thinner cometic myself. Just do the retorque after running the boost up a little.

I have the 4 layer Cometics and they have held up great so far for 3 years without even retorqueing them afer I put the motor back in the car. I think maybe because they are thicker they have more "squoosh" when torqued.

cometic .O4O THICK..DUE YOU USE COPPER COAT OR SIMILAR , MY BLOCK AND HEAD SURFACE ARE 50 RA OR OVER..THANKS

I just bought the Felpro 9441PT's for mine. I hope I made a good choice, cause this is a lot of work! Comments about not having the "fuse" with Cometics scared me away from them. I just wonder that if Cometics increase your chances of damaging the bottom end because the "fuse", in theory, is no longer there.....then what do head studs do? I haven't read anything about head steads causing a bottom end failure due to not being able to blow a head gasket.....but aren't head studs and Cometics accomplishing the same result? Keeping the head gasket from blowing.....just an observation.....

Thats really good. Do you have ported iron heads on there? I couldnt get them to work running 124+mph constantly. The heads were deflecting under the cylinder pressure and it would burn trails on the intake side of the gasket.

Nope, my heads are 170,000 mile stockers. I've only had two head gasket failures on that car in the last 21 years, both my fault for doing something stupid. :rolleyes:

Same here I would get "4" 1/4 runs with my Irons. Now I'm going with Alum heads just bought them.

Nope, my heads are 170,000 mile stockers. I've only had two head gasket failures on that car in the last 21 years, both my fault for doing something stupid. :rolleyes:

What does the car mph? I saw 117 in your sig but id think higher with the 27 psi. 117mph is not a problem with stock or 9441 gaskets and no detonation and would live nearly forever at that level.

cometic .O4O THICK..DUE YOU USE COPPER COAT OR SIMILAR , MY BLOCK AND HEAD SURFACE ARE 50 RA OR OVER..THANKS

Pete Barton of ANS built the longblock and I am unaware of how he prepped the gastkets if he did. I had a slight external water leak problem with the GN1 heads on the block when the motor was first put together and the layer 4 Cometics seemed to solve that issue.

i run 9441s on both my 87 gn and my dads 86. He runs 24-25 psi on a regular basis and has trapped 124. I run 27 psi on mine and should be in the same range mph wise. Haven't had a problem with the HGs yet.