Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

Well, I will be watching from the bleachers this time. I put off the car for family issues and just ran out of time. Still planning on having a good weekend hanging out.

I put off buying a GN for over ten years for the same reason.

See you Saturday.

Well, I will be watching from the bleachers this time. I put off the car for family issues and just ran out of time. Still planning on having a good weekend hanging out.
There must be something in the water around here because I am in the same boat. :(

Sorry to hear about the car. Are you still coming up?
Unfortunately, my ever increasing domestic duties have prevented me from even touching my car for the last month and I will not be able to participate in the event for the first time in many, many years. However, I will be there to help cheer for each of you and to take plenty of pictures.

The forecast for Noble calls for "abundant sunshine" with highs in the low to mid 80's and overnight lows in the mid 50's with humidity in the mild 50% range! Everyone might want to try to keep the trash barrels as far away from your main active area as possible. The bees that will undoubtably be looking for something sweet as usual. The UV index will be up as well so don't forget your sunscreen.

Texas: Traditionally, many of our DFW, Houston, San Antonio & Austin area members traveling on Friday try to meet at the Love's truck stop just north of Denton on I-35. The caravan of vehicles makes for a sight to see and the safety in numbers is a fringe benefit. If you have the ability to do it, most travelers traditionally target an arrival time between 11:30 & 12:30 at Love's before the mass exodus to Noble.

Also, the gates at TVRP are usually open and unlocked until sometime around 4:30-5:00pm. This normally allows those of you arriving early plenty of time to get checked into your rooms and head over to the track ahead of time to get your favorite parking spots if desired. Traditionally, this has not been a problem for the track personel in the past and they will come by to collect your entry fees for the Friday night TNT before opening the gates again.

I wish everyone the best of luck, safety, a good time and GO TEAM BUICK!!

There must be something in the water around here because I am in the same boat. :(

damn man!! i've always considered you one of the regular heavy hitters!! the lack of your cars presence will be felt!! but at least you'll be there!! maybe you can stop by and give me some hints on getting my car lined out because its performance certainly doesn't equal the sum of its parts!! see you saturday!!

damn man!! i've always considered you one of the regular heavy hitters!! the lack of your cars presence will be felt!! but at least you'll be there!! maybe you can stop by and give me some hints on getting my car lined out because its performance certainly doesn't equal the sum of its parts!! see you saturday!!
I consider that a BIG compliment and I hope that being unable to run will not affect the final outcome. Even if I took time off from work and thrased to finish the fuel system, I could not possibly get it tuned in safely in time for the event. If something went wrong with this new TA engine, I would be set back for a LOOOOOONG time. I am also worried about the brake system and feel that it should be upgraded before I do any more 130+ mph blasts. This will be a good chance for me to actually chill out, enjoy the event and catch up with all my shootout friends. :)

Losing these couple of 10 second cars is gonna hurt, we count on you guys pushing us slow punks back so we get easy races.

I'm heading out in my LS1 on Friday afternoon/evening. Probably won't make the TNT because I want to save my nitrous for that poor Ford that I end up matched up against. After that I'm selling that heap and getting back to work on my GN and Skylark so I can bring some actual Buicks to FVB...even though the GN won't have a Buick motor next time it makes the trip.

Saturday is getting close!

Trust me, nobody is more disappointed than me. This is my favorite event of the year by far. The cars are fun, but family comes 1st.

It stinks for me too because I am looking for my first run in the 9's and have been real close. Even last year things were holding me back and the best I could muster up was a run in the 12's. :redface: Now the final parts for getting the correct combination are in, but without any tuning I would be risking a lot. Even when I went 10.13 @ 133+ at Dallas Raceway I was afraid I was not going to get the car stopped before running out of runway. I am likely going to sell another car to fund a Baer brake setup for it. :eek:

I am also that point in my life that most people reach when their children are getting to the age when everything starts to happen fast. Soccer, karate lessons, homework and other activities for two growing children tend to make one wonder where all the time went. It's a balance between being a proper parent and making time for one's self. I have come to understand fully what I have always heard from those ahead of me in the game of life's priorities.

I got the oil changed and new plugs in on Monday. Yesterday I got it out for a little trip and scrubbed the T wheels up since they looked like crap. All I need to do is charge the laptop and dust it off Friday and I should be ready.

I took the slicks off, put em in the TA, and started it to make sure it still ran. I'll knock some of the dust off tomorrow, make sure the nitrous still works, and go get the bottle filled and I'm ready to go.

I got the oil changed and new plugs in on Monday. Yesterday I got it out for a little trip and scrubbed the T wheels up since they looked like crap. All I need to do is charge the laptop and dust it off Friday and I should be ready.

Sounds familiar. :) My son got his car back yesterday tranny is all done and ready to go. Changed oil, plugs etc... see ya'll on Saturday.

ill be coming down from KC with my G8 this year. GN sat too long in the garage and now the TCC solenoid is bad, plus it needs new front tires, an oil change, and a vacuum brake conversion. if i had a truck/trailer, id haul its ass down there as is, but no luck.

Well got the new aeromotive pump in yesterday, all is good with it, will put the wheel screws in the new slicks tomorrow and put them on the car, fill it with race gas, and load it in the trailer. Will head toward noble when I get off work at 11 pm so I'll be waiting at the gate Saturday morning !!

The wife and I are going but unfortunately my Buick won't be making it. Still have the engine apart.:frown:

Loaded up and ready to go. Will make it to Ruby's in Purcell sometime this evening. And then hopefully to the track after that for maybe a few TnT passes?