You can type here any text you want

Comp roller cam specs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I looked at my cam card to see the rpm range and it is not listed, so then I went to Comp Cams web page and typed in the part number and it said no matches....then I typed in grind number again ....no matches

I have the 210/215 roller from Full throttle I went to their site and it does not have the rpm range listed either.

Why does the part number or grind number not come up on the Comp site?

Also if any one else has this grind do you know the rpm range?

roller cam specs

did you ever get your answer....................................

My understanding is that the fullthrottle cams are specific for full throttle and are not an off the shelf grind that comp sells outside of FT. I run the 210-215 and id say it should rev to 5800-6000. Peak is around 5400-5500 rpm... I pushed mine to 6300 and it was not happy about it and my valve train floated

I looked at my cam card to see the rpm range and it is not listed, so then I went to Comp Cams web page and typed in the part number and it said no matches....then I typed in grind number again ....no matches

I have the 210/215 roller from Full throttle I went to their site and it does not have the rpm range listed either.

Why does the part number or grind number not come up on the Comp site?

Also if any one else has this grind do you know the rpm range?

The part number won't come up because its not there own "shelf" grids. If you want specific info on the lobe profiles, you can look at the numbers on the back of the cam and match them to there lobe master catalog available online. Im sure Full Throttle spec this cam from there loabe database based on there knowledge of Turbo Buicks. The RPM band will change depending on the engines head flow , displacment, installed centerline and other variables.
Allan G.

My understanding is that the fullthrottle cams are specific for full throttle and are not an off the shelf grind that comp sells outside of FT.
They still use common lobe numbers. Chances are they are 3300 series lobes.

Thanks for the post guys!

I actually got a hold of Mike on Friday and as mentioned above they are his specs which is why it does not come up on the Comp site. Also Turbo Bitt is correct the combo of heads,Turbo.......has to do with the rpm range/limit Mike said that with my setup I should be fine to shift out at 6000.

This works out because I just put in a new TT chip and Eric set the rev limit at 6200rpm so I agree with mike 6000rpm sounds right on the money.

The biggest reason I needed to know was because I was trying to decide on running a 28" tall tire instead of a 26". When I ran the car a few weeks back I had 26" tire and was bumping the rev limiter (this was with another chip before the TT chip stock limiter at 5600rpm) now I know the engine should pull up to 6000 and the limiter is at 6200 I should be fine with the 26" tire.

I will be going back to the track just after the first of the year to see what the car does when I am not bumping the limiter :D

Back