Complete Stage 2 motor (Intake to Pan) Trades???

Otto J

My motor is a RPE built 153 on center block cross bolted front and rears
3.625 BMS Crank,Oliver Rods,Diamond pistons
RPE Spec Solid Roller cam,matched springs and pushrods.Danny Bee Cam retention setup.
Heads are Champion "R" heads fresh from RPE also,All ARP Head studs,cometic head gaskets
They have T&D Shaft mounted rockers(Not the cheap ones)Valve Covers are Champion RPE Racing Engines.
Oil pan is a stock style made deep, baffled with external pickup and complete Duttweiler oil pump assembly with remote filter mount with filtered turbo feed.
BHJ Balancer,JW flexplate.
HR parts motor mounts ,Meziere electric water pump
BGC ported intake with 70 mm throttle body and spacer

Motor has gone 9.20s @ 151.99 with an 80mm turbo at 3560#s

The motor will have one sleeve from a badly burnt piston.
There is also a repaired area from a front end collision the engine had in an ARCA car before i owned it.
It had solid motor mounts and it had a small crack at the engine mount area on the drivers side of the block.(the crack was not in a area that will compromise the structural integrity of the block)
It was professionally nickel welded and repaired and it is not an Issue at all according to my engine builder (RPE)
If it was he would not have built the block in the first place.

12,000 fresh and ready

Trades considered,What do you have??

Send me pics of the nova

I dont have any pics from the last weeks,Ill try to get some as it is still at RPE
THe repaired areas wont show well in pics as it is not a huge crack by any means and the repair hides it well.

Matt,Call Bobby,He can answer your questions the best,and assure you of its quality.

He assembled the whole thing minus Intake.
The heads were freshened after I got them from you and he found 3 bent valves:eek:

From another board just recent:

Otto J; said:
Not bad considering I built every part of the car but the short block..

I wasn't sure this was correct you posted this up on TBS.COM a couple days ago, looks like you actually didn't build the whole engine from the shortblock up.

As far as the heads go, the heads were prepared by this guy:

http://www.automotivemachine.net/ :eek:

I did offer to cover his a$$ and send you $$ for the 3 valves when you informed me of what Bobby found and you declined.

For the $2200 I got for the heads and rockers, you were very happy with the price I recall. :D

From another board just recent:

I wasn't sure this was correct you posted this up on TBS.COM a couple days ago, looks like you actually didn't build the whole engine from the shortblock up.

As far as the heads go, the heads were prepared by this guy:

http://www.automotivemachine.net/ :eek:

I did offer to cover his a$$ and send you $$ for the 3 valves when you informed me of what Bobby found and you declined.

For the $2200 I got for the heads and rockers, you were very happy with the price I recall. :D

Ya,I knew thats were you were going with your post.
I was wrong and should have posted long block in that post.
I dont have head machining tools here:D

If you recall,I never did complain to you or ask for any reimbursement for the 3 valves,I new you gave me a smoking deal on them and was real happy about the deal.
You are a good seller on these boards for sure,
And i know you would have giving them to me had your known this.
Thanks again!

My motor is a RPE built 153 on center block cross bolted front and rears
3.625 BMS Crank,Oliver Rods,Diamond pistons
RPE Spec Solid Roller cam,matched springs and pushrods.Danny Bee Cam retention setup.
Heads are Champion "R" heads fresh from RPE also,All ARP Head studs,cometic head gaskets
They have T&D Shaft mounted rockers(Not the cheap ones)Valve Covers are Champion RPE Racing Engines.
Oil pan is a stock style made deep, baffled with external pickup and complete Duttweiler oil pump assembly with remote filter mount with filtered turbo feed.
BHJ Balancer,JW flexplate.
HR parts motor mounts ,Meziere electric water pump
BGC ported intake with 70 mm throttle body and spacer

Motor has gone 9.20s @ 151.99 with an 80mm turbo at 3560#s

The motor will have one sleeve from a badly burnt piston.
There is also a repaired area from a front end collision the engine had in an ARCA car before i owned it.
It had solid motor mounts and it had a small crack at the engine mount area on the drivers side of the block.(the crack was not in a area that will compromise the structural integrity of the block)
It was professionally nickel welded and repaired and it is not an Issue at all according to my engine builder (RPE)
If it was he would not have built the block in the first place.

12,000 fresh and ready

Trades considered,What do you have??

Hmm I went 9.23 @ 147 with a 70 turbo, 30 pounds of boost and a bit heavier 3575. Were you running ultra low boost to run that slow with a 80 mm turbo and a stage motor.:confused:

Ya,I knew thats were you were going with your post.
I was wrong and should have posted long block in that post.
I dont have head machining tools here:D

If you recall,I never did complain to you or ask for any reimbursement for the 3 valves,I new you gave me a smoking deal on them and was real happy about the deal.
You are a good seller on these boards for sure,
And i know you would have giving them to me had your known this.
Thanks again!

It isGood to know others can call Bobby at RPE to verify the build of the engine. He is a very respected engine builder in the community.

Did you end up going with 6 new pistons when you hurt the motor in BG?

It isGood to know others can call Bobby at RPE to verify the build of the engine. He is a very respected engine builder in the community.

Did you end up going with 6 new pistons when you hurt the motor in BG?

No Ted,That is why i had it sleeved,The other 5 were in perfect condition.
and sleeving the block with one piston is cheaper than replacing a custom set of pistons which also would have meant the entire engine would of had to been bored further.It currently is at .020 over i believe.

Thanks for staying professional with your posts.

Alright guys, this is the marketplace not the lounge! This was Otto's for sale thread. This is no place for the BS!

Other members have enough of this crap! This crap is personal between the 3 of you and it doesn't have a place here. I opened the Octagon on T6P for you.... THIS IS GETTING OLD!

Take it off TurboBuick.com!

I can't believe this.

Let me give you my perspective on Otto. He would give you the sweat off his lil feller if you were in need of it. He's got to be one of the best in the Buick world, (although I'm pissed he switched. :biggrin: )

He has spent more time helping others than spending it on his own car. Just check out his whereabouts when in BG or any other Buick event. Always helping others.

Damn it Ted. I used to think of you as a down to earth cool guy until I see you aligned yourself with Mr. Arrogant Checkbook.

And you SGRIM, you locked a thread lately because it involved your friend, then let another thread run EVEN though it clearly involved threats.

Perhaps I'm getting too old to keep score. But I'm not getting too old to see through the smoke.

here are some pics

Attachments

• viewphoto[1].jpg
    viewphoto[1].jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 250
  • viewphoto[2].jpg
    viewphoto[2].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 242
  • viewphoto[1] (2).jpg
    viewphoto[1] (2).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 241
  • viewphoto[1] (3).jpg
    viewphoto[1] (3).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 236
Shoot me more info,condition, mileage, original or redone,what might be wrong or need to be replaced,what drive train.
And pm what kind of deal you are looking to make.

I can't believe this.

Let me give you my perspective on Otto. He would give you the sweat off his lil feller if you were in need of it. He's got to be one of the best in the Buick world, (although I'm pissed he switched. :biggrin: )

He has spent more time helping others than spending it on his own car. Just check out his whereabouts when in BG or any other Buick event. Always helping others.

Damn it Ted. I used to think of you as a down to earth cool guy until I see you aligned yourself with Mr. Arrogant Checkbook.

And you SGRIM, you locked a thread lately because it involved your friend, then let another thread run EVEN though it clearly involved threats.

Perhaps I'm getting too old to keep score. But I'm not getting too old to see through the smoke.

Chris, I am not sure which thread you are referring to but I didn't lock this one due to the fact it is Ottos for sale thread. If he wants to start a new one I will lock this one, I agree that is fair. All he has to do is ask.
Not sure whom you are referring too about my friend but... I still need to call you I have your number. Thanks!