You can type here any text you want

Connecting with T-link

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Another issue...

Trying to connect to the TTA ECM with Turbo Link.

Have the 'recommended' serial to USB converter. Or so I think.

The cable passes the connect test on COM4. But fails to connect to the ECM.

Anyone have the same issue, have suggestions or have any help to lend?

I'm using the blue Saelig RS232B connector for Serial to USB , which is the one recommended from the T-Link site. :confused:

Can't connect.

HELP?

Nope. This is my first scan tool.

Have, but haven't hooked up the boost/3-bar map sensor. Which is just fine since I can't seem to get the Turbo-Link to connect anyway.

Grrrrr...

I do get the green light on the ALDL port adapter though.

check the pins on the plug. make sure they are all straight. and the plug is all the way in the aldl.

I never had a problem, only with the scanmaster before i got my new chip. it sounds like its a simple setting. im sure you get it. I trying to sell my turbo link4. i should of let you know.

Turned out to be the USB/Serial converter. I got their 'approved' one, but once I went to RS ang bought another converter it works like a charm.

Thanks anyway!

Anyone have any suggestions on threads/pages that list what some of this data should be? Meaning, what should the BLM's be at idle, TPSmv's, etc...

Glad to hear you figured it out....Nothing more frustrating than to be (this) close to a breakthrough and hit a brick wall. Your brick wall turned out to be paper ;)

I've used extender and TT chips with a 'Fast' data rate for Turbolink. Not as fast as DS or SM, but much faster than the standard update rate (which is as fast as the PCM updates itself). The fast update gives you three or four extra frames of O2 sensor, MAF sensor, and Knock retard each PCM cycle.

Razor hs convinced me that I need an audible knock alarm to warn me of knock retard when I'm not looking at the computer (maybe even when its not hooked up), or when it happens in between the frames recorded by Tlink. I'm going to do that soon.

Back