You can type here any text you want

Conquest/Starion Turbo size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FlintBuick4Life

I was messing around on Craigslist and found a bunch of Chrysler Conquest/Starion, which where made by Mitsubishi. It has a turbo 2.6L 4cyl and unlike my uncles turbo Daytona he had... its RWD! I thought about getting one for a daily driver. Anyone know what size turbo they came with?

I owned one not too long ago...It was an 88 and had a ton of options but the previous owner had replaced the cam and I could never get it right. Mitsubishi engines are like a puzzle that I cannot understand.

Stock turbo is TDO5-12A stock Starion/Conquest turbo1986-1989. 320 cfms@15psi of boost. 8 cm exhaust housing

The starquests are cheap and plentiful and pretty fun but in my opinion you'll pull your hair out and spends $$$$$ before you'll be beating turbo regals at the track

check their website www.starquestclub.com

I owned one not too long ago...It was an 88 and had a ton of options but the previous owner had replaced the cam and I could never get it right. Mitsubishi engines are like a puzzle that I cannot understand.

Stock turbo is TDO5-12A stock Starion/Conquest turbo1986-1989. 320 cfms@15psi of boost. 8 cm exhaust housing

The starquests are cheap and plentiful and pretty fun but in my opinion you'll pull your hair out and spends $$$$$ before you'll be beating turbo regals at the track

check their website www.starquestclub.com

The one I`m looking at is an 88 too. I just need a daily driver that is good on gas, but still has some balls:biggrin: That`s the truth... Mitsubishi engines are a trip. My uncle and I have had a RX7, Turbo Eclipse and Turbo Daytona... all where a pain to work on. But it`s a sweet looking car:biggrin:

I'd get the Regal because the parts will be easier to get. The Chrysler may get better mileage but parts were expensive when they were new so now they'd be a suprise to say the least.

I bought one new in 88, a Conquest TSI. I had bigger cam, turbo, PFC-FCON fuel computer, HD clutch (could not keep a clutch in it. It was pretty fast........But the cost of repair parts is CRAZY $$$. I would not touch it if it were me. :)

I'd buy a daytona WAY before one of those starquest cars. Parts are cheap and they are easy to work on. The only thing you gotta watch out for is rust. A TD is also on the "list" of cars I will be looking for when they grand am dies. Specifically a CS with an auto. THe wife has to be able to drive it too:rolleyes:

Back