You can type here any text you want

control arm bolts seized...help?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grocerygetter

yeah...sucks...lower control arm bolts that bolt into the axle are seized. You can break the nut loose but the bolt won't come out. Let me guess...torch and hammer?

B-F-H Works every time!!!

Will the bolt head turn or no? It really dosent matter just have at it.

yeah...sucks...lower control arm bolts that bolt into the axle are seized. You can break the nut loose but the bolt won't come out. Let me guess...torch and hammer?

You guessed it. BFH and an air chistle work wonders.:biggrin: Torch doean't hurt either.:eek::biggrin:

if you have a air saw cut the bolt on both sides of the bushing then replace the bushing.

They are a major PITA to get out when they seize. I knew this from hearing what my brother went through when he changed his control arms so when it came time to do mine I didn't even attempt it. It was fun to watch them fight to get them out on my car. Let's just say there was a lot of cussing involved. LOL;):eek::D

I just cut them out with an air grinder and cutting wheel. This is a very common problem that really blows!:biggrin:

Back