You can type here any text you want

Converter slip ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
My 9.5 N/L Dusty spect for my current combination has been $ well spent with my calculations showing around 5-6% slip,give or take. Curious, if i where to thro another 50 HP at it ,in the form of a bigger blower, how far off might the converter get? a little or a lot? could it actually slow the car down? Fwiw, i run the 6265 at 30...looking to run a 6766 at 26/28. thanks

It all depends on the power level. You have to be careful because power can increase with less converter slip but it might slow the car down. Usually if you're running larger turbine and compressor you will be wanting raise the engine rpm some. I've found that 9.5" race converter will accommodate this very well. At 15psi manifold mine flashed to 4500 at about 50lbs/min air flow. At 30psi manifold and 80+lbs/min it flashed to almost 5500. It's still able to get hold of the engine before the end of the pass though. 50hp maybe 50rpm if the trans oil is the same temp as prior. With less manifold pressure it may not make any more power unless you extend the rpm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back