Converting to Analog HVAC controls?

Wahoo

So my car is a digital climate control car and it hasnt worked since i bought the car which only recently have i driven it.

I bought a used apparently working hvac control from a member on her over a year ago but only recently tried to use it and same thing it doesnt work, unresponsive.

Any input on changing it to analog?

Thx

Any way to make it so i only have defrosters for the front windsheild?

Sounds like a blend door actuator issue. Happened to mine once many years ago.

Im actually trying to have heat only for defrosting purposes.

Currently my digitail controls arent working thats why i want to see if i can convert it easily or not?

I am in the process of doing the same to a build I am working on. Specifically eliminating the AC and going heat only which includes defrost. There is a new heat only panel for the firewall. I am just getting ready to get started and even though it comes as a new panel still requires some fabrication inside to adapt the blower etc. I can't testify to how hard it is yet but I will say the the firewall piece is high quality and looks very nice.
Here's where I got it:
http://www.acdelete.com/pages/78-88_G-Body.htm

There are instructions on that webpage too so you can see what is needed.

Hope this helps.

I am in the process of doing the same to a build I am working on. Specifically eliminating the AC and going heat only which includes defrost. There is a new heat only panel for the firewall. I am just getting ready to get started and even though it comes as a new panel still requires some fabrication inside to adapt the blower etc. I can't testify to how hard it is yet but I will say the the firewall piece is high quality and looks very nice.
Here's where I got it:
http://www.acdelete.com/pages/78-88_G-Body.htm

There are instructions on that webpage too so you can see what is needed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, im more talking about converting to the analog hvac controls.

No problem. I knew it started with the controls, just thought it was transitioning to an AC Delete with heat being retained.

I dont know what works. I have 2 digital control units that both didnt do anything plugged in.
Well I'll take them if you don't want them. Both sets. Something new for mento tinker with. I'll take the whole system. Whatever it includes..

Well I'll take them if you don't want them. Both sets. Something new for mento tinker with. I'll take the whole system. Whatever it includes..
Im wondering if i should try to buy another digital climate control before converting.

Im wondering if i should try to buy another digital climate control before converting.
I should have been more clear in my post. I suffered the same symptoms that you have! Exactly. Tried additional controllers to no avail. Ended up being a bad blend door actuator. Sits right behind the glove box.

Have you changed the Blower motor resistor module, that sits in the a/c box under the hood..most of the time the problem.
Casper's sells them..

I should have been more clear in my post. I suffered the same symptoms that you have! Exactly. Tried additional controllers to no avail. Ended up being a bad blend door actuator. Sits right behind the glove box.
It causes the touch controls to not be responsive?

Have you changed the Blower motor resistor module, that sits in the a/c box under the hood..most of the time the problem.
Casper's sells them..
It causes the touch controls to not be responsive?

I know the resistor is bad since the wire under the hood has to be unplugged or the blower motor will be stuck on high and defrost

Remove the module from the heater box, look for a hi voltage transistor, it is silver held on by two phillips screws, and has two solder connections..this is usually what fails, buy it on ebay for abou $6..

Last edited:
Remove the module from the heater box, look for a hi voltage transistor, it is silver held on by two phillips screws, and has two solder connections..this is usually what fails, buy it on ebay for abou $6..
Thanks for the info, do you know if thats what would cause the digital controls to not work at all, like no lights or anything?

Thx again