You can type here any text you want

Cooling fans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
Is there any other inputs XFI used to turn fans on and off other that the on off setting in the global set up parameters and a/c on input?

I ask this because i wanted to test my car in the heat today (104 in minnesota wow) and after i got back from a test beat i noticed the fans were still running even though the temp was below the min off temp (the a/c was on off as well)

Any ideas? maybe time to replace those 24 year old relays?:confused:

-Dan

Is this the Dan who has a little obssesion with snowmobile that I met at Reynolds? If so, it's Adrian, that stupid Canadian you met…

Anyways, I think I might be able to answer your question. If you open up xfi, go to FILE>VIEW>AUX. OUPUT>AUX 3.
Set your tps threshold to 1-2% and the CTS temp to whatever you want.

You now need to do some wiring, you need to put a pin into pin B3. Check out the help section to figure out where B3 is. That is a GROUND!!! do not forget. Wire this to a relay and temporarily wire it into the fan and play around with the CTS temps to make sure the thing turns on.
I hope this helps you.

Adrian

Sometimes high line pressure will turn on the fans from the ac in the heat. If your wiring is all stock.

Is this the Dan who has a little obssesion with snowmobile that I met at Reynolds? If so, it's Adrian, that stupid Canadian you met…

Anyways, I think I might be able to answer your question. If you open up xfi, go to FILE>VIEW>AUX. OUPUT>AUX 3.
Set your tps threshold to 1-2% and the CTS temp to whatever you want.

You now need to do some wiring, you need to put a pin into pin B3. Check out the help section to figure out where B3 is. That is a GROUND!!! do not forget. Wire this to a relay and temporarily wire it into the fan and play around with the CTS temps to make sure the thing turns on.
I hope this helps you.

Adrian

Yes! This is the Dan you met! HI! and thanks Ill try that!

Sometimes high line pressure will turn on the fans from the ac in the heat. If your wiring is all stock.

It it is the xfi is being used with caspers adaptor.

Good idea if this happens ill try to unplug high side switch and see what it does...thats an easy check for sure!
Thanks
-Dan

It it is the xfi is being used with caspers adaptor.

Good idea if this happens ill try to unplug high side switch and see what it does...thats an easy check for sure!
Thanks
-Dan
Did you ever fix your fan issue? How did you wire up your second fan? Did you get it to come on when you activated the AC?

northerngn said:

Hey thanks for responding. After sent you the message, I figured it out. I was looking at the fan setup instead of the factory harness. I pulled out the wiring diag and there was my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

BTW when the AC is on the head pressure turns on the low fan right away and the hi-speed fan comes on at a higher head pressure, independent of how you fast is wired.

Low fan speeed comes on at 250 psi and 300 psi for high side pressure, which means the temperature of the freon in the lines is at 154 or 169F

I tied the ground switching circuits on both the relays together so as soon as low turns on I actually have high... so in my car its high speed or off.
The surge has been eliminated with tweaking of the injector opening offset vs. battery voltage table!
-Dan

I like the injector offset tweak. Right now in 80* weather, alraco aluminum and dual fans, my car has not gone over 165* and only one fan running. This is even will sitting tin the garage with no air circulating.....

I like the injector offset tweak. Right now in 80* weather, alraco aluminum and dual fans, my car has not gone over 165* and only one fan running. This is even will sitting tin the garage with no air circulating.....

What temp did you setup to turn on the second fan? Second fan automatically turns on with a/c?

Peter

I set my fan up at 180*. Yes it comes on with AC. I would worry about the temp depending on location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back