You can type here any text you want

Cooper Head Gaskets??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1chance

Any one use cooper HG's, im look for something better than Felpro, but i dont want Cometic.

Been using the SCE Copper HG for over 5 years and 0 issues..
I would never use anything else.............................................;)

I thought Cooper made tires not head gaskets. Did I miss something?:confused::biggrin:

What's wrong with the Cometics? The copper gaskets are prone to leaking coolant and oil as much as the Cometics. All I use on anything high 10's and faster are Cometics, and have had 0 problems. We have had problems with the SCE coppers blowing at the extra bolt holes on an 8 bolt block app.

I have used them all. Coppers by Clark, Cometics, Felpro, and SCE.

The coppers require a o ring. And you need to get the temp up in the motor before you go stomping on it.
The SCE gaskets were fine but not cheap. Re-used them twice too.
The Felpros are sensetive in faster cars.
Cometics take a lot of prep to the block and head surface. Copper coat spray and a retorque is a good idea.

I will try RJCs next time.

Been using the SCE Copper HG for over 5 years and 0 issues..
I would never use anything else.............................................;)

Same here. I'm getting ready do reuse my old set here again. 30+ psi and lots of tuning mishaps on my part and never blew a sce out. Like Jason said, do not beat on it until the temp is up. The sce's are nice because you do not have to oring anything.

Thanks blew my Felpro out racing, when alky kit died mid run. Anyway installed SCE today, and i hope they work great!

Back