Copper head gaskets

I have searched for head gasket advice for days now and can't say I'm any further along than I was in the beginning. There is so much information (read bias) posted from people all running different combinations with differing performance/reliability goals.

Can anyone recommend a good gasket for the following criteria:
1. 109 series block
2. Champion iron heads (8-bolt)...no special grooves, rings, etc.
3. Daily driver
4. No constant re-torquing necessary
5. Stock thickness
6. Able to withstand pressures during an occassional 10 second timeslip (w/o knock on a properly tuned setup)
7. READILY AVAILABLE

As always, I greatly appreciate everyone's ideas and experience. I hope no one will feel I am hijacking this thread. However, it seems like every thread I've found on this topic seems to end exactly the same way.

Thanks again.

I would recommend rjc bullet proof gaskets or comectics...proven proven in 9 second and 10 second cars with no problems.I have rjc gaskets and I have a friend that has run 10.40's for about 3 years on comectics with no issues..

I've had good luck with the Titans for 2 years now. I put them on dry and retorqued them once (after initial 20 mile cruise.) I'm too lazy to torque them more than that lol.

I do have a 109, but it does have the upper head bolts and I use head clamps in the lower bolt holes. Not exactly an 8-bolt setup I guess. I started off using Cometics on brand new everything, but they kept leaking compression at high boost. Switched to the coppers and never looked back. Also seems that Cometics like to blow holes in the aluminum heads when they blow:eek:

After taking my engine apart this winter for inspection, I did have one egg shaped cylinder, but it wasn't leaking. If any of you actually knew the abuse my stuff went through this year...you'd appreciate it haha. We're talking a failed cam sensor at 7K rpms...motor went POP!!! (a few times), engine went to 15:1 a/f at 30 psi (survived that:) ), lost fuel pressure once in high gear at the track...again followed by a loud POP!....but it kept on going for many, many more runs.

Needless to say, I'm sold on the SCE coppers through my own experiences. 250+ 30+psi runs in 2 years and have yet to pop a gasket (knock on wood.)

I run the Titan gaskets with Champion irons and have not had any problems so far. I think there are other factors to consider with blowing head gaskets and you can't just blame the gaskets. Prep work, tune, boost, fuel... my opinion of course.

This is all good info. I have had nothing but good luck with factory GM gaskets on my setup. I only wondered if there have been any new developments in the head gasket arena in the last five years that I should be aware of. So far, it sounds like I should be happy with an additional set of stockers for my setup. Thanks again for all of the good info.