You can type here any text you want

Correction limits/classic fast

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SloGN

I'm a ASSHOLE.....
I just want to hear from some of the guys that is running the classic fast as to what there are using for o2 sensor gain % i currently have mine set @ 25% with a step percent of 5%. I still seems to get the o2 coreection to realy wander above and below my target A/F.

I have in the correction limts table of it being able to add 25 % percent on all rows and to only pull 10% out.

I will post a datalog later as i'm at work.

TIA

Patrick Broughton

"what there are using for o2 sensor gain % i currently have mine set @ 25% with a step percent of 5%." 5% by row, to a max of 25 ?????
Maybe post the .gct file?

I looked at the gct file.
An amatuer's perspective:
1. CL is set the same for hi and low.[2600] Won't work that way. A. it won't go to closed loop at idle, even if there were a spread. B. If you want CL @ idle, the values have to be changed. Low is the rpm it drops out. High is where it goes in, if idle is open loop.
2. Tps for idle is 12. Don't know what it actually is, but this value should be 1 higher than actual.
3. AIT starts going up when the inlet temp gets to 84*??
4. VE table has some serious jumps, cell to cell. I'd try to get those values smoothed out.
5. Timing table appears to jump around..25/idle area, then down to 20, then back up at 236kpa... Table could be smoother.
You can overlay the logs on the VE and timing tables, and get the corrections pulled down.

I'm sure the goooruz can help more, maybe by actually making a corrected tune file for you to try.

Chuck

I do run the car in open loop for normal driving. this is my first time tring to tune it using closed loop @ wot

This is why i have the closed loop being active over 2600 rpm. I can attach a log from my last pass @ the drag strip and you will notice the huge lean spot i get @ every shift. The car drives great in open loop but i'm really scared to try and tune it in open loop with it having the lean spots @ every shift. the motor goes rich up top and then when it shifts it goes lean. The cursor seems to stay in the same area so when i make a VE # change it affects it even more on the lean spot.

The timing table is set in the 236 kpa and higher i added some timing to it since i was running 118 octane fuel.

I just looked at the log...well b4 the 1-2 shift,[4.2 sec], I see the A/F @ 11.9, and the dc @ 55%. 1 sec later, [5.01sec], the A/F has gone to 11.6, but the dc is @107%.
Might you have a problem w/ fuel delivery?
What's the FP when this is happening?
Why 15 items on the log dash? [Dash 14??].Maybe cut it down, and get some better resolution.[Dash for logging]
Like I said.. an amatuer's version :O)

Your fuel delivery is Fubar. This is un-tunable in this state do not even drive the car. Crank the fuel pressure to 75psi and empty the return line into a gas can with a battery charge connected to the car, but avoid making any sparks during this process for obvious reasons. YOu should see 1.5 gal min if you have a good setup. 1 gal/ min will not even get you past 500 rwhp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have learned the hard way.

Your fuel delivery is Fubar. This is un-tunable in this state do not even drive the car. Crank the fuel pressure to 75psi and empty the return line into a gas can with a battery charge connected to the car, but avoid making any sparks during this process for obvious reasons. YOu should see 1.5 gal min if you have a good setup. 1 gal/ min will not even get you past 500 rwhp.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have learned the hard way.

Norb

I thought i was having issues with the fuel pump. So i checked it and it was indeed losing pressure. Damn walbro. @ and base of 45 psi with 22 psi pf boost it would not make over 65 psi. pump was a 2000169 walbro

So i got a new 340 pump a racetronix 340 unit and i tested it @ richard clarks place a couple of weeks ago and it checked out good according to richard clark and he has flow charts on a bunch of walbro pumps.

Do you think me having 55's and it being a bank2 bank that i'm empting the fuel rail faster than the pump can keep up?

do i need to get a double pumper?

Yep...

Like I said:;)
"Might you have a problem w/ fuel delivery?
What's the FP when this is happening?"

Like I said:;)
"Might you have a problem w/ fuel delivery?
What's the FP when this is happening?"

with the new fuel pump in i have not checked it. i just checked the fuel pump before i installed it on a flow bench and tested it at 60-90 psi and recorded the gal/hr on the flow meter.

but my question is do i need a double pumper for 55's with it being bank to bank?

I'm sure racetronix can chime in for your flow rates of that pump. It all depends on the voltage at the pump also. The bank to bank doesn't help things either but its not that much of an issue right now. If you want to be safe 55's flow 330 lbs/hr or about .88 gal/min. So if you flow 1 gal per hr at 75 psi you should be OK, but its real borderline. 1.5 gal min and your good for 83lb'ers even.

I'm sure racetronix can chime in for your flow rates of that pump. It all depends on the voltage at the pump also. The bank to bank doesn't help things either but its not that much of an issue right now. If you want to be safe 55's flow 330 lbs/hr or about .88 gal/min. So if you flow 1 gal per hr at 75 psi you should be OK, but its real borderline. 1.5 gal min and your good for 83lb'ers even.

It all seems to point to the fact i'm running out of fuel. so my next plan is to feed the fuel rail from both ends and get a double pumper set-up going.

Thats not a bad idea, but we have someone up here running 140 mph on the stock lines and a double pumper setup with no issues.

#1 Do you think me having 55's and it being a bank2 bank that I'm emptying the fuel rail faster than the pump can keep up?

#2 do i need to get a double pumper?

#1 absolutely not. TSM was not allowed to use aftermarket fuel rails until 2 years ago or so, & they are/were making over double the HP you are making. I ran 10.90's with stock lines, rails, 55#'s, & Reds double pumper, & NEVER had a fuel issue. hell I went 9.80's with stock rails, 83#'s, bank to bank, but I did use a -8 feed line.

#2 absolutely yes. hell I had to step up to a double pumper when I was maxing out the 009's with 32+ psi of boost.

Back