You can type here any text you want

Cotton's Deluxe line lock kit install?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jays87gn

Does anyone know how to install this kit I didn't receive instructions with it. I’m not to sure on where to mount it at it comes with one steel line with a 90Degree bend and a 90 degree fitting for the other side of the line lock Any help would be appreciated. Here is a link to the kit Welcome To CottonsPerformance.com!

Thanks Jason

can you post a pic of the kit. i was looking to order cottons kit but was wondering what it all comes with. i dont want to be going to the hardware store and getting parts to make it work. please let me know what you find out to get it to work. thanks

dsc00319mediumgb2.jpg

thanks got a the pic. looks like he includes everything needed but i just dont like the switch he is using anyways i did a search on the board and there is alot of posts on hot to install line locks. do a search and im sure you will find all yours answer or call cottons and ask them. i did a quick search and came up with alot of pictures and people telling you how to install them

Line Lock

Disconnect battery.

The solenoid should have one end of it saying "IN"(female) use the supplied tubing to connect the "IN" (hole going into flat portion of solenoid the hole you can't see in the pic) directly to PoweMaster outlet connection. On most Master cylinders the front outlet goes to the front brakes. So connect the other end of supplied tubing where the tubing that went to the front brakes came out of .

Then connect original front brake tubing to the other end(outlet)of solenoid completing the circuit. Bleed brakes. Hook up your electrical lines. TEST ....Mount the solenoid on the drivers side fenderwellto where you can get to it and existing brake line can reach and thread in easily. Hook up all lines then figure out where you want to drill holes and mount.

Boost 231 commented on the switch, it does look a little funky. I would definately mount it where you can't accidently turn it on. That's the last thing you want is to trip it while your driving. Put it in a safe place.

If this does'nt make sense go to Summit type in line lock on search, then click on the Summit universal kit, when it comes up, on the lower left will be instructions click on it, the Summit system looked similar to your line loc.

You might want to disregard this and wait until someone who is more experienced responds. Just call Jack and I'm sure he can walk you thru it! Good Luck

Back