You can type here any text you want

Could someone ID these tranny codes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85_SS

G-body enthusiast
Tag reads "HG" and the number is as follows:

254 - IT85HG0751

Tag reads "HE" and the number is as follows:

275 - 2185HE1352

I know that they are both 1985 trannys but could someone specify what vehicle they came out of and which (if any) is the better candidate for a rebuild.

Thanks in advance:)

Originally posted by 85_SS
Tag reads "HG" and the number is as follows:

254 - IT85HG0751

Tag reads "HE" and the number is as follows:

275 - 2185HE1352

I know that they are both 1985 trannys but could someone specify what vehicle they came out of and which (if any) is the better candidate for a rebuild.

Thanks in advance:)

The HG is a big olds (delta 88) or Buick (Lesabre)85 model year.
HE............ I havent seen but I can look at work tommorrow for you. I was just playing with an HG unit today. Both appear to be CA. standards not federal.

Will look and give you specifics tommorrow.
Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

The HE I was told was out of a full size buick station wagon, this I am unsure of though. If you could get some details and recommend which is a better base to start from (if either is good) that would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin

HG

1985 Bonneville,cutlass , grand prix, monte carlo regal,
with 305 v-8 and of CANADA only

HE
1985 Caprice, cadillac deville, Impala, Le sabre, 305 v8 CANADA only

For a street rod either would be ok. For a turbo Buick I would look else where or change vb and govenor.

Hope this helped

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

I just have a Monte SS with a mild 350 (250 HP) so these will do then.

Thanks WE4 :D

Well the 87 Monte SS in the junkyard that I was hoping to get the tranny out of has a KTF instead of the CZF. Someone swapped trannys in its life at some point. The only thing I can find online says its out of a "307 Y 2.93" which means it is probably not any better than the HE and HG code trannys I currently have, am I correct in assuming this?

Back