You can type here any text you want

Counterweight not machined? Eagle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Eticket

Anyone have this problem and luck from eagle? We have one that isnt cut and hits the oil pickup boss

Anyone have this problem and luck from eagle? We have one that isnt cut and hits the oil pickup boss

Assuming you mean the rod bolt is hitting the block oil gallery...yes, the easy fix would be a rod bolt with a shorter head profile made by ARP but, minor clearancing may still be necessary. If you implying where the oil pickup tube attachs to the block, I havn't encountered any bob weight clearance issues in that area on a stock block.

Ho Chi Min had a bad hair day when he was machining it.....
AIRC, the SCAT products are finish machined in the USA, the Eagle stuff is not???

Eagle is supposed to be machined in he US.

Im looking to see if eagle was any help (worth calling) if anyone experienced the same thing.

Ths is a stoke stroke and as knurling which tells me that is at not an early crank.

i had the same problem about 5 years ago. the machinist clearanced the crank and the block to make it fit. IIRC there was no chamfer on the crank at all.

Since the crank has to be cut, why not have the machine shop do it when balancing the rotating assembly?

Problem is that we had the machine shop do the balancing already and did not ask them to check the crank/block clearance. This shouldnt have been a problem with it not being a stroker.

Just curious if eagle was any help- and if machining was an issue at all as we are waiting for the holiday to be over for the machine shop to reopen.

I'm not a fan of his and your comment was sort of funny but in the end i didn't appreciate the ho chi minh comment. I don't like bad products from any country, but there is a price for everything.

This has nothing to do with whether eagle had recognized a problem and helped their customers out.

Hell you think you had problems. I bought one of God's BA 3.4 stroke DROP in cranks that hit two places inside the block and then when we mocked up the girdle it hit two places on it. Thank GOD I have Kevin (my macinists) as he did all his magic on it and the block. As of now I have about 1000 miles on it and all is just fine. Oh forgot Kevin had to machine the oil slinger on the rear of the crank and he also knurled it for the rear main seal. NOT to mention that the rod journals were so far off that we had to turn it 10-10. I feel your pain.

I'm not a fan of his and your comment was sort of funny but in the end i didn't appreciate the ho chi minh comment. I don't like bad products from any country, but there is a price for everything.

This has nothing to do with whether eagle had recognized a problem and helped their customers out.

+1..disregard the redneck comments brother..take the crank and block to a knowledgeable machinist and they should be able to sort out your problems.:)

Back