You can type here any text you want

Crappy 1/4 mile slip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jerrad

Guys, I went to the track today and the best time of my day was:
60ft: 1.76
330: 4.98
1/8: 7.74
1/8 mph: 88.51
1000: 10.14
1k mph: 101.3
1/4: 12.20
1/4 mph: 109.8

This was at 20 pounds with the TT chip at base settings.
02's were 770 with 0 knock and the egt was at 1588.
I had a few more runs and they are all around the same time.

I ran an identical time 2 years ago with the te44 and stock IC. Track was prepped pretty well and the temp was in the mid 80's. Even with a 12.2 I think my MPH should be well into the teens with my combo.

HELP ME!!!!:frown:
Thanks
Jerrad

What size sneakers on the back?

What converter? and was it locked.

I ran 12.1's at 108 with the converter unlocked all the way (had an issue) on 26" tires.

It's a pats 2800-3000 unlocked and a 26". Could that kill the performance that much?

What cam, heads and valve springs are on the car?

What was the rpm at the traps?

What psi were you launching at?

What is the timing set to in the chip?

Cam is stock, heads are champion ported so I'm not sure on the spring pressure. I'm unsure on the trap rpm, I only have a scanmaster and was watching 02/KR.

I was leaving around 7 pounds.
The timing is written on the chip, It's for 91 and alky so I'm guessing about 23*

Cam is stock, heads are champion ported so I'm not sure on the spring pressure. I'm unsure on the trap rpm, I only have a scanmaster and was watching 02/KR.

The timing is written on the chip, It's for 91 and alky so I'm guessing about 23*

rpms through the traps is pretty important. It will tell if the converter is working or not. The stock came will die in the 5K rpm range, so to get the most out of it you do not want the car to spend a lot of time over 5K. Where is the car shifting at?

20 psi with ported heads should be making good power.

I'm not sure where the shift point is. The only tach I have is the junker thats pegged in the dash.

First you need some 28" tall tires. Secondly you need to wake that turbo up with some more boost. But most likely you are slipping with that converter and losing alot on the big end. We need some RPM data to determine for sure. A converter will make or break a good combo.

rpms through the traps is pretty important. It will tell if the converter is working or not. The stock came will die in the 5K rpm range, so to get the most out of it you do not want the car to spend a lot of time over 5K. Where is the car shifting at?

20 psi with ported heads should be making good power.

I agree, I'm having an issue with the convertor slipping now. I am running a dbb67 and a touch more boost & same timing. I would say to run the boost up alittle, but if the convertor is slipping then that will only make it worst. A tach would be a good investment at this point because you need to know what the rpms are at the traps. On my pass I was at 5500rpm @ 1000ft and went trough at the same 5500 (stock unopened engine). Best mph was 114.98 but should be better if I can get the slippage down.

12.20 at call it 110 mph is not too far off at 20 psi. Assuming the convertor is good and slipping is not an issue, taller tires, 24psi, and a better 60' you will be down into the 11's. I'm not how much the ported irons with a stock cam help the RPM limit, guessing still 5000.

Did you have any traction issues launching at 7 psi? I had a 1.67 leaving at 3 psi.

These cars are sensitive to combination. Champion irons and a stock cam are a mismatch. One is designed for lower rpm's(cam), one for higher(heads).

The car is only picking up 21 on the back end meaning other issues.. possible converter, springs, tuning. And 88 in the 1/8 is also weak. You need more MPH=more HP.

Not knowing what springs is a no-no when the heads are modified. As they are to compliment the cam in use. And can lead to a wiped cam if the pressure is too high.. that may also be an underlying problem hurting performance as well. When you do heads, you should do cam as well. I know I know.. a 206/206 or 212/212 roller would be ideal.

have to watch the slip.. and watch the changes making MPH differences. Thats it.. you get to a wall.. figure a way around it. You have a mismatch.. dont know if thats your wall.

Was the exhuast open or through mufflers.. if it was open.. then look at air filter make sure its not clogged. If air can get in and out cleanly.. and she doesnt make power=cam is the issue.

No, I have little to no spin. I'll get a tach and see where the rpm's are.
Thanks for the help so far.

These cars are sensitive to combination. Champion irons and a stock cam are a mismatch. One is designed for lower rpm's(cam), one for higher(heads).

The car is only picking up 21 on the back end meaning other issues.. possible converter, springs, tuning. And 88 in the 1/8 is also weak. You need more MPH=more HP.

Not knowing what springs is a no-no when the heads are modified. As they are to compliment the cam in use. And can lead to a wiped cam if the pressure is too high.. that may also be an underlying problem hurting performance as well. When you do heads, you should do cam as well. I know I know.. a 206/206 or 212/212 roller would be ideal.

have to watch the slip.. and watch the changes making MPH differences. Thats it.. you get to a wall.. figure a way around it. You have a mismatch.. dont know if thats your wall.

Was the exhuast open or through mufflers.. if it was open.. then look at air filter make sure its not clogged. If air can get in and out cleanly.. and she doesnt make power=cam is the issue.

I'll call champion and see what they put in the irons.

I had the dump open and I have a new 9" K&N

When I had a te44, stock heads, and stock IC with Dutt neck I was running the identical time that I did yesterday.:frown:

How can I check for slip? I'm 2 hrs from the track so how can I do it on the test and tune road near my house? Do I have to get to my trap speed or just say my rpm was at 5XXX @ 80mph?

Thanks for the link. :)
A quick couple questions, what is the trans ratio in the 2004r, and to do this, I assume I need to be in D at WOT?
Thanks again.

Put a 1 in for trans ratio (that is assuming you do not shift it into OD.)

I'm the one that came and talked to you yesterday. Can't really help you with your problem but the car did hook. I didn't see any spinning on your last pass. Good luck on finding your problem

I thought that was you after reading your sig. I thought I hooked pretty well and thanks for confirming.

Back