You can type here any text you want

cylinder one zero pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stevek

took car out today and ran it pretty hard, third run no knock so i lowered a/f to 10.8 and added timing, car pulled great then i pulled over and had smoke comming out of under hood. I checked and had oil and smoke comming out of breathers. I looked over at lap top and didn't see any knock on power logger but forgot to save run , towed home and tested cylinder pressure and all are at 145 except #1, it at zero, with valve covers off ,all looks good, oil looks good to, spark plug in #1 was wet with oil, sounds like piston burned hole i think, sounds like a hollow banging noise when started up, let me know what you think and what is next step, i'm in charlotte nc if anyone around may be nc turbo thanks

Probably head gasket

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No the oil could be clean

I raised it up in high gear , I was running 26 in low and 26 in high already with no kn 30 # boost , then i raised it to 27 the rest is history

At least a head gasket. Lol

No pressure means the head comes off no matter what so start there and take a look.

Once you get the intake off, take a look in the other head...See any "foreign" objects, such as alum.:eek:
Does the bad cyl plug have alum "spray' on it?
In NE case, it's heads off time.

pull the head with the dead cyl. If the piston is holed, they're both coming off anyways.

I raised it up in high gear , I was running 26 in low and 26 in high already with no kn 30 # boost , then i raised it to 27 the rest is history

Should only be running 22 degrees max with street fuel and alky.

The fuel pump is another potential problem at 30psi boost. They say #1 will be the first to starve because it's the last injector on the rail.

yes stock pistons and i was running 100 octane and ally, sorry i had to step out but i started to take apart earlier will see what it looks like tomorrow

Definitely look into fuel situation. With #1 last to get fuel, volume is critical. Many people think pressure is the key and it's more volume than pressure. GLW repairs.

Back